Beautiful Loser

Inhaler

elton-john-is-a-big-fan-of-dublin-band-i

https://inhaler.band/home

Inhaler is an Irish rock band that debuted at 2017 with "I Want You" and consists of band members Robert Keating (bass), Ryan McMahon (drums), Josh Jenkinson (lead guitar) and Elijah Hewson (vocals, rhythm, guitar). That's right, Hewson as in legendary rock band U2's frontman Bono's son. Elijah has said in an interview that his dad won't help with the band though, which I think is good.

I personally didn't know the group existed until yesterday afternoon when I was listening to the radio and the radio producer said they had just played their song (which was wrong and they corrected it later; it was some band called Idle, or Idol). I'm listening to them now and if you like rock music and songs that sound like they were made in the 80's, this band might be for you. They latest single, "When It Breaks", sounds less 80's though. (And I'm really liking it!)

Since Elijah is Bono's son, they voices sound very similar, just like how Bono could sound like in the early years of U2. I don't mind though, I love U2 and think Bono has one of the best vocals out there, but I think Inhaler need to find their own path and create something different to not become a copy. Kind of like how Greta van Fleet needs to steer away from sounding too much like Led Zeppelin. It'll be interesting to see if they'll succeed with that, and I think they might have a chance.

115890?width=6085&crop=16_9&signature=MB

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 hours ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Omg someone with taste! (Jk hehe)

But yeah, I've kiiinda been stanning them since 2019 and I hope they bless us with their debut album soon! :flutter:

I have taste but I don’t discuss many other artists than Lana here. :hooker:

Yeah, maybe they’ll focus on a debut album since their tours were canceled this year!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

The album isn't finished yet, "we're still doing bits and pieces" Eli said, but it sounded like it's about to be finished soon-ish? And since the pandemic made them cancel their gigs, they had more time to focus on the album instead. The album willhave their first, older singles included though, and new songs as well, of course. One song is about 4 years old that they made before they even considered themselves to be a band.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

They're coming to Lollapalooza Stockholm this summer... Man, why couldn't they have their own concert instead? I don't feel like paying for a festival ticket when the lineup is so-so. :what: But then again, they only seem to do festivals this spring/summer so I guess it'd be wrong to hope for a concert night.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 10/28/2020 at 8:19 PM, Clampigirl said:

Music video for When it breaks came out about an hour ago! :party:

I love the Inhaler and I adooooored their new song from the first time I heard it. I have high hopes for their debut album  :flutter:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

2 minutes ago, deadlyynightshade said:

I love the Inhaler and I adooooored their new song from the first time I heard it. I have high hopes for their debut album  :flutter:

Me too! I have Ice Cream Sundae stuck in my head right now, haha! I saw they have a schedule for concerts at festivals this summer, I wish I could go... it'd be so nice to support them this early in their careers and welcome them on their visit to Sweden but I won't go because I'm not vaccinated yet, and who knows, maybe they'll cancel last minute. Having a festival now feels a bit irresponsible.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

21 minutes ago, deadlyynightshade said:

I have high hopes for their debut album  :flutter:

Same! I can't wait tbh

Also, I'm trying not to overplay their songs because who knows when their debut album will drop, but it's so hard as they're all great imo. My Honest Face is definitely one of my favourites (although I don't think it will be on the album) :wub: 

Oh and I've been looking into their unreleased tracks on soundcloud, I love Cheer up baby so far, it sounds so good live 

15 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Same! I can't wait tbh

Also, I'm trying not to overplay their songs because who knows when their debut album will drop, but it's so hard as they're all great imo. My Honest Face is definitely one of my favourites (although I don't think it will be on the album) :wub: 

Oh and I've been looking into their unreleased tracks on soundcloud, I love Cheer up baby so far, it sounds so good live 

I didn't know they had unreleased tracks floating around on the interwebz! :wat:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

34 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Me too! I have Ice Cream Sundae stuck in my head right now, haha! I saw they have a schedule for concerts at festivals this summer, I wish I could go... it'd be so nice to support them this early in their careers and welcome them on their visit to Sweden but I won't go because I'm not vaccinated yet, and who knows, maybe they'll cancel last minute. Having a festival now feels a bit irresponsible.

I was going to go at one of their gigs but wasn't able to get a ticket  and then covid happened :crying5: I hope we all get a chance to see them live as soon as its safe and possible. The feeling of seeing your favorite artists live is unreal 

18 minutes ago, Lavender Sunshine said:

Same! I can't wait tbh

At the moment I am obsessed with with have to move on because it reminds me of times before all this madness started with the pandemic. 

Unreleased songs? Omg I have to look into that immediately thank you for letting me know :kiss2:

2 hours ago, Clampigirl said:

I didn't know they had unreleased tracks floating around on the interwebz! :wat:

2 hours ago, deadlyynightshade said:

At the moment I am obsessed with with have to move on because it reminds me of times before all this madness started with the pandemic. 

Unreleased songs? Omg I have to look into that immediately thank you for letting me know :kiss2:

I really like that one as well :flutter:

Yup they do have unreleased songs, but as far as I know, they aren't leaks or anything, just songs they've played live so the ones I've found are only concert rips and the quality isn't the best :deadbanana:

Anyway, I think they're just on youtube and soundcloud, you just have to dig a little. My go-to is the latter, I remember finding them on there by just typing in "inhaler unreleased"

The Inhaler fandom is still too pure for leaks me thinks :agree:

So I just put on the first playlist that popped up on youtube when I searched for Inhaler unreleased:

Elijah's voice in Here comes your man reminds me of his dad Bono's voice in Walk On at times. There's this tiny part in the song that sounds so similar to the second verse, "You're packing a suitcase for a place none of us has been // A place that has to believed to be seen // You could have flown away // A singing bird in an open cage // Who will only fly, only fly for freedom".

Dublin in Ecstasy sounds so much like U2's 80's rock albums, dang it's really good! They should release it! These boys have talent, you can really hear it here.

This Plastic House sounds pretty unique, I'm sure I'll like it more if I listen to it again.
My King will be kinds sounds pretty dreamy, the bass is great as well. I'd love for them to release it as well. And once again, I can hear some of Bono's voice in it. I'm halfway through the song and I really like it a lot! It like a song you can get lost in and not really care of your surroundings for a while. Best unreleased so far! The title sounded very promising and I'm not disappointed at all. :flutter:
Cheer up baby is really energetic and only gets better towards the end. This one gets a thumb-up from me too!
Oh wow, that start in Another like you. O___o And Elijah sounds so much like his dad, I know I never shut up about it, but it's just so cool and freaky at the same time. :icant: This one also sounds like an U2 80's song.

Save Yourself... I'm not listening too carefully, but I like the piano keys on loop in the background. :hooker:
A night on the floor... sounds like another cool rock song that needs to be heard live, that song sounds amazing with the drums! Ends too abruptly though!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

From what I listened on soundcloud my favorites are : dublin in ecstasy ( i really liked the opening of the song :defeated:) and generally the whole of it i would love it if they officially released it  

I liked cheer up baby as well and my king will be kind ( which sounds great live ) . I wish all of them had better quality because I think that i would have more favorites :crai:

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

!!

Checked their website earlier today and it looked nothing like it does now aaaahhh I think something is coming soon!

Omg does this mean the album is coming ? :trisha: