Beautiful Loser

Inhaler

So I finally (finally!) saw Inhaler live a few nights ago, I don't think I'll ever forget Eli literally kicking the microphone at the end of the show lmao, it wouldn't sit properly on the stand and was sliding off so he just karate kicked it lol. My first concert since August 2019! I had lots of fun, I've missed going to concerts so much! The stage was tiny but they somehow managed to fit on it, haha. I thought Rob looked a bit tired, maybe that's how he is, but I hope he gets enough rest in between all the tour dates either way. :)

I snatched the last setlist from the tour guy's hand and RAN lol

FRnxfj-XoAEbopx?format=jpg&name=large

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

22 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

So I finally (finally!) saw Inhaler live a few nights ago, I don't think I'll ever forget Eli literally kicking the microphone at the end of the show lmao, it wouldn't sit properly on the stand and was sliding off so he just karate kicked it lol. My first concert since August 2019! I had lots of fun, I've missed going to concerts so much! The stage was tiny but they somehow managed to fit on it, haha. I thought Rob looked a bit tired, maybe that's how he is, but I hope he gets enough rest in between all the tour dates either way. :)

I snatched the last setlist from the tour guy's hand and RAN lol

FRnxfj-XoAEbopx?format=jpg&name=large

Omg that sounds so exciting and the setlist is just perfectΒ !! Β :air:
hope you had a great time:dance:
Β 

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Also! According to the record store I (used to, before I moved) visit, Inhaler might drop something for Record Store Day! It's like "to be confirmed" and it says the release date has already passed, but who knows. https://www.bengans.se/cgi-bin/ibutik/AIR_ibutik.fcgi?funk=visa_artikel&artnr=4155724

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Yes! I hope they'll sell the bundles outside of UK and Ireland too, I mean, if they're worried about having to sign too many posters, just make them UK/IR exclusive? The red vinyl looks really cool, I'm a bit surprised it's not the limited edition.

And I'll buy a ticket for Arctic Monkeys tomorrow, so glad to see that Inhaler continues to be their supporting act!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Bono hasΒ released his memoirsΒ (β€œSurrender: 40 songs, one story”) this past week (or is it two weeks now?), and of course, his son Elijah is mentioned in it too. I don’t have a copy myself (but I think I’ll read it in English someday), but my brother has a copy. Here’s a baby pic of Eli and one when he’s a little bit older:

Β 

Spoiler

Bono, grandpa Bob, and baby Eli.

888-E9549-5-E8-A-4509-93-D0-81-F9-D12993

Β 

FBA53-C74-15-DD-4-D9-D-A376-94-C47-CB638

Β 

Bono also shared a memory of Eli being on stage in winter 2018, jumping onto the drum set, falls, and lies motionless, but he turns out to be okay. He also describes his son to have an β€œElvis smile” and that’s he’sΒ a hound dog (which makes me wonder if that’s something he’s told him, considering the line β€œI could be Elvis on a Tuesday night” in My honest face!), writes that he’s a lot cooler and relaxed on stage than himself, that he doesn’t try to be something he’s not, that he thinks it’s fantastic and touching that his son also chose to fulfill his music dream, and that he thinks his band (Inhaler) is really great. Apparently, Eli has asked his father for advice sometimes but Bono simply tells him to be himself. Lastly, he wrote, β€œthis kid can become whatever he wants”. Makes me really warm and glad to read, since I’m a U2 fan too!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Indies record store vinyl version - it's a splatter vinyl. It looks really cool, and now I can't decide if I prefer this one or the red vinyl lol. But. The splatter vinyl for IWABLT disappointed me a lot because my copy barely had any, and I don't want a second disappointment in my collection...

Cuts_Bruises3.png?v=1665667368

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Another alternative cover! Cover art is drawn by Eli.

Signed CD (Amazon UK): https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BJ6PTGB8?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_S7BYXN7F67QM0M18G14W&tag=univemuisc-polydor-21&ie=UTF8&linkCode=as2&ascsubtag=877a0fb0dfe9941f965690da4736ce51&ref=dmm_acq_soc_se_u_lfire_lp_x_877a0fb0dfe9941f965690da4736ce51

Yellow, signed vinyl (UK + IR only): https://shop.inhaler.band/*/*/Signed-Art-Card-Cuts-Bruises-Yellow-Vinyl-Alternative-Sleeve-Vinyl-Bundle/7PUN0000000

Yellow vinyl, no signatures (UK + IR only? Won't let me order one but it doesn't say exclusive on the product page :( ): https://shop.inhaler.band/*/Music/Cuts-Bruises-Yellow-Vinyl-Alternative-Sleeve-Vinyl/7PSW1Y6X000

And I'm kinda sad because I love yellow, and I'd love a copy of this as a vinyl. : ((((

Β 

You can also get signed stuff via Bravado.de: https://www.bravado.de/p50-a158021/inhaler/index.html

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Also, they were on BBC Radio 1 earlier this week, haven't had the opportunity to listen to the performances yet or interviews but here are the videos:

Β 

Β 

Edit: just listened to them now and they were alright

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Album is outtttt!! Sadly, I really have to sleep so I won't listen to it right now BUT I have longed to hear Dublin in Ecstasy in HQ ever since I found out about this band so I'm playing it right now! :trisha: Hooray for no more piss quality live recordings from phones on youtube! Listening to Valentine next, the teaser on their Instagram page last week or so intruiged me!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

So glad! I went to their webshop again just to daydream a little, noticed that it no longer says that the yellow vinyl is UK/Ireland exclusive so I ordered one! Can't wait to get it, yellow is my favorite color and it'll be cool to have a vinyl with a cover art so different from everything else I own! :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Almost exactly a full year later, I got to see Inhaler live again, this time as opener for Arctic Monkeys. I’m so proud of them! A year later and they’re playing in an arena like 30 times bigger than the last time they were here! I think the only song they played from first album was the title track. I was so glad to hear Dublin inΒ Ecstasy live! Not many around me knew them or their songs though so I was the only one jumping and clapping along, much to the displeasure of some girl standing to my right. (It’s a concert and she got a standing ticket too, people WILL jump and clap. Ugh.) Still, people seemed to like what they heard and cheered on them. So proud! :wub:Β The merch stand unfortunately didn’t sell the shirt I wanted so I didn’t get anything.Β 

Eli also said they’ll be back in October, so I’m looking forward to that!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Bought my ticket for their show in October, it’ll be my third time seeing them live inΒ two years - that’s crazy! They’re touring so much but I’m not complaining though. :hooker:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png