Sign in to follow this  
West Coast

The Soundtrack Thread

Lo and behold, here's the 'Soundtrack thread'. Where people on LanaBoards can share their favourite movie & TV showsΒ soundtracks & scores.

Cheers!Β :popcorn:

Β 

Spoiler

This will probably be my love letter to Hans Zimmer, John Williams and Alexandre Desplat.Β :toofunny:

Β 

Β 

I don't really know where to start, so here's a few of my favourite tracks from the 'Star Wars' cinematic universe.

Β 

The classic Star Wars theme.Β :flutter:

Β 

The Imperial March

Β 

Probably my favourite piece in the entire Galaxy.

Β 

Β 

PadmΓ© & Anakin's love theme.Β 

Β 

You just feelΒ E P I C listening to the 'Duel of the Fates'

Β 

Β 

fun thread!

Β 

all I can think of right now is the GOT soundtrack, absolute love ramin djawadi's work and the light of the seven was such a huge impact on the trial scene for me idk I just love this song

Β 

Β 

1.jpgΒ  3.jpgΒ Β 2.jpgΒ 

Β 

By now most of the forum must know I'm a massive Suspiria (2018) stan so naturally the score by Thom Yorke has a special place for me. It's still just as magical as it was two years ago when it came out and while it's definitely haunting and maybe a bit distressing even (The Hooks,Β Volk especially), I also find it very soothing (The JumpsΒ and Suspirium Finale). I've been listening to the score a lot lately, it adds a nice touch to rainy and dark autumn evenings. Also I can't believe Suspirium was snubbed at the OscarsΒ :crossed:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I luuuuv soundtracks. I don't even know where to start.Β :oprah2:

Β 

GREAT picks in here already.

Β 

@DCooperΒ Laura's Theme is an EXQUISITE pick omfg. The nostalgia that brings back and the imagery it conjures. Dark Space Low actually seomtimes brings tears when I sit and reflect and remember how tragic and doomed Laura is.

Β 

@jvcxΒ amazing choices and fuck YES to Ryuichi Sakamoto!! So glad his score was in The Revenant since I wasn't there for anything else. lawl.Also Michael Abels' score for Us was super under rated. The Pas de Deux scene was like a cherry on top of the movie.

Β 

@MAX DEL REYΒ John Williams for Star Wars! omg! I love the entire Phantom Menace score. The space opera orchestration is what I'm all about and is basically on par with Strauss' work.Β I'm addicted to Rey's Theme.Β 

Β 

My favourites are mostly BIG and POWERFUL stuff, for me a big main theme or many reoccuring motifs are what seal the deal. I also love strings since I'm a basic bitch but grand orchestration also takes the cake. And yes, I include some animated works with songs in them because their themes are arguably the most enduring and powerful of all (Prince of Egypt is one that does this particularly well).

Β 

• The Banquet (Tan Dun)
  • La Vertia (Maria Bonzanigo)
  • Mulholland Drive (Angelo Badalamenti)
  • Pocahontas (Alan Menken + Stephen Schwartz)
  • KΓ€ (RenΓ© DupΓ©rΓ©)
  • Wolf Children (Masakatsu Takagi)
  • The Prince of Egypt (Stephen Schwartz + Hanz Zimmer)
  • Memoirs of a Geisha (John Williams)
  • The Heart of Thorns (Maclaine Diemer + Lena Chapelle)
  • The Painted Veil (Alexandre Desplat)
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events

Β 

Β 

3lfQEhw.png

@takeitdoenΒ GREAT picks! Now you have me wanting to re-watch 'A Series of Unfortunate Events'.Β :defeated:

Β 

Also 'Prince of Egypt', 'Memoirs of a Geisha' musicΒ :chefskiss:Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

8 hours ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

fun thread!

Β 

all I can think of right now is the GOT soundtrack, absolute love ramin djawadi's work and the light of the seven was such a huge impact on the trial scene for me idk I just love this song

Β 

Β 

This and The Tower are the best of the whole seriesΒ :flutter:

6 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

I luuuuv soundtracks. I don't even know where to start.Β :oprah2:

Β 

GREAT picks in here already.

Β 

@DCooperΒ Laura's Theme is an EXQUISITE pick omfg. The nostalgia that brings back and the imagery it conjures. Dark Space Low actually seomtimes brings tears when I sit and reflect and remember how tragic and doomed Laura is.

Β 

@jvcxΒ amazing choices and fuck YES to Ryuichi Sakamoto!! So glad his score was in The Revenant since I wasn't there for anything else. lawl.Also Michael Abels' score for Us was super under rated. The Pas de Deux scene was like a cherry on top of the movie.

Β 

@MAX DEL REYΒ John Williams for Star Wars! omg! I love the entire Phantom Menace score. The space opera orchestration is what I'm all about and is basically on par with Strauss' work.Β I'm addicted to Rey's Theme.Β 

Β 

My favourites are mostly BIG and POWERFUL stuff, for me a big main theme or many reoccuring motifs are what seal the deal. I also love strings since I'm a basic bitch but grand orchestration also takes the cake. And yes, I include some animated works with songs in them because their themes are arguably the most enduring and powerful of all (Prince of Egypt is one that does this particularly well).

Β 

• The Banquet (Tan Dun)
  • La Vertia (Maria Bonzanigo)
  • Mulholland Drive (Angelo Badalamenti)
  • Pocahontas (Alan Menken + Stephen Schwartz)
  • KΓ€ (RenΓ© DupΓ©rΓ©)
  • Wolf Children (Masakatsu Takagi)
  • The Prince of Egypt (Stephen Schwartz + Hanz Zimmer)
  • Memoirs of a Geisha (John Williams)
  • The Heart of Thorns (Maclaine Diemer + Lena Chapelle)
  • The Painted Veil (Alexandre Desplat)
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events

Β 

Β 

Woah, a LISTΒ :gclap:

Β 

From Memoirs of a Geisha I really love the Becoming A Geisha track. Gives me chillsΒ 

Β 

Β 

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has an insanely dramatic soundtrack. It's composed by Alexandre Desplat. The most epic might be "Courtyard Apocalypse".

Β 

Β 

But this one, from the Philosopher's Stone (and used throughout the whole series) is definitely my favorite. Gives me the chills and the tears everytime.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Anyway, here's the first of many posts that will be about the genius that is Alexandre Desplat.

Β 

I have a particular appreciation for score of the movie 'The Queen'. The music to this biographical drama is just superb, it's emotional, grand, regal even magical at times? It has some slight Harry Potter-y vibes, love it. The use harpsichord and harp convey that sense of like "grandeur". The whole score just fits the movie perfectly and completes every scene.Β Here's a couple of my favourites from the movie.

Β 

The scene in which this track is played is just superb, the overview of the Queen's estate is just majestic with the music playing!

Β 

Β 

Pretty much the theme of the movie, it comes back in different variations throughout the film.Β 

Β 

I like how thisΒ song breaks into a variation of the previous song at 0:44, but it's a bit more intense and "magical".

Β 

Β 

Love this one too.

Β 

Last one, even though it's pretty short, the break down here is very intense and fits in so well with the scene it's featured in. Definitely get theΒ sense of urgency.Β 

Β 

8 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

From Memoirs of a Geisha I really love the Becoming A Geisha track. Gives me chillsΒ 

The whole soundtrack is amazing! Yo Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman - I'm a litttttle surprised it lost the Oscar to fucking borefestΒ Brokeback Mountain but I guess it's just the Oscars, no one cares. The Chairman's Waltz is so bloody iconic too, it's certainly the best part of the movie (which feels like such a sad slap in the face).Β 

Β 

also Hans Zimmer fans - he's never gone as loud or powerful as this ever since. :defeated:

Β 

3lfQEhw.png

Can't find on YouTube but I listen to this a lot, from Rick and Morty

Β 

https://open.spotify.com/track/1e0H1xfXQoxqbWvgUOwvG1?si=1-t4LP0nRhKH5RiUqUQQpA

Β 

Β 

Do y'all have a Spotify playlist of these tracks you listen to?Β 

I have this one for studying. It helps me a lot.Β 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6iy5wCWdJySiTevEHcXdgF?si=_wNZt6PiTTiEv-M_BoQnkw

Β 

And this one, which I'm gonna add literally everything anyone posts here to.

Β 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7GgvVSBhuloH9Tp2PrJ5ZA?si=Wy9IM6imRyS5psq6piSWcQ