Elle

Lana to release a cover of "You'll Never Walk Alone" for upcoming Liverpool F.C. Documentary - November 30th/December 4th, 2020

21 hours ago, daisy fresh witch said:

that high note omg. but some parts that she sang sounded kinda autotuned to me, anyone else think so?

it's very likely that the Instagram vid of her singing was just her lip syncing to the pre-recorded vocals tbh at least that's what's most obvious to me 

12 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

it's very likely that the Instagram vid of her singing was just her lip syncing to the pre-recorded vocals tbh at least that's what's most obvious to me 

Yall never heard of pitch correction / auto tune on a live mic? 

7 hours ago, ThisIsRusko said:

btw. this cover is much better then summertime

Let's be honest both are perfect. Even without an album, she is feeding us this year.

Boom Like That, Life Is Beautiful, I Talk To Jesus, every imaginable part of Wild One, Let Me Love You Like A Woman, Hallucinogenics, Violet Bent Backwards Over The  Grass, Thunder... it' s a great year to be a Lana fan.

1 hour ago, FredRed said:

Unfortunately I don't really love this. It sounds like a one take acapella where she goes off the original melody. The tone is too high or screechy if that makes sense. Then it is merged with a well produced section of male voices. Doesn't mesh that well.  I think there was more potential than was realized. Don't worry I'm not jumping ship. 

Agree all the way.

Her diehard fans will love it  

1 hour ago, CruelViolet said:

Yall never heard of pitch correction / auto tune on a live mic? 

Tbh I wasn’t talking about pitch correction. There’s a bit in the vid where she turns away from the mic while the track is still going and the volume doesn’t change at all so that just made me think those could be prerecorded vocals. 

18 minutes ago, Creyk said:

Let's be honest both are perfect. Even without an album, she is feeding us this year.

Boom Like That, Life Is Beautiful, I Talk To Jesus, every imaginable part of Wild One, Let Me Love You Like A Woman, Hallucinogenics, Violet Bent Backwards Over The  Grass, Thunder... it' s a great year to be a Lana fan.

786.png

3 hours ago, Creyk said:

Of those 8 things you mentioned, Lana only released 3 of them :rip: 

And this year has been difficult to be a fan... a different controversy each month, delaying the album by almost a year

im hoping the classics album makes up for a little bit of it

"Don’t forget me"

9 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

Of those 8 things you mentioned, Lana only released 3 of them :rip: 

And this year has been difficult to be a fan... a different controversy each month, delaying the album by almost a year

im hoping the classics album makes up for a little bit of it

She has been working hard to give us something. I think it’s very thoughtful of her to release this album!

the anticipation for COtCC was the worst, but I’m glad she’s making it up to us

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

4 hours ago, Creyk said:

Living legend robbed 

8 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

let's not forget the lizzy grant material... :trisha: 

neon palmmm :rock:

meth love :sadcore4:

ruby tuesday :pray:

let's hope we can get bikini gold and greenwich acid for christmas... :pray:

and let’s also hope for Unidentified Flying Bill this Christmas too :trisha:

2 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

and let’s also hope for Unidentified Flying Bill this Christmas too :trisha:

this energy >>> :trisha: let's hope this isn't serene queen pt. 2 and we actually get the song without anymore unnecessary hassle :trisha: lb is so crazy, i can't take it :trisha: 

WGe8ynS.gif

9 hours ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

This is the first Lana song since Dont Let Me Be Misunderstood that I’m not into. I’m not a fan of the style of singing she chose for this song. The section of the song with the male voices is beautiful but clashes with her tone.

I agree. It's a shame that she chose the approach the material that she did; it doesn't suit her voice at all. I assume she had to do something that would, at some point, meld with the male chorus, and we really don't know what was her decision and what was not. Perhaps the arrangement was something she had to agree to. We heard that bloke on IG explaining how the track was fitted together separately, in different countries even, so LDR probably had a lot less control than she usually does. 

I also dislike PDLMBM--a great deal.  

1 hour ago, veinsineon said:

It’s cute but I’d love it more if I was native to Liverpool I think. For now it’s just a lil acapella moment I’ll tack onto the end of the NFR era LOL

Agreed. It expands her reach and story, and that's good. It's not a fiasco by any means. But it's not something I'll probably ever listen to again by choice. 

2 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I agree. It's a shame that she chose the approach the material that she did; it doesn't suit her voice at all. I assume she had to do something that would, at some point, meld with the male chorus, and we really don't know what was her decision and what was not. Perhaps the arrangement was something she had to agree to. We heard that bloke on IG explaining how the track was fitted together separately, in different countries even, so LDR probably had a lot less control than she usually does. 

I also dislike PDLMBM--a great deal.  

Yeah I agree her voice didn’t fit with the choir. She probably didn’t have much creative control. The strong male choir is kind of our thing. It’s how that song should be sung at matches. They definitely would’ve put their foot down on that - it’s basically essential for the song

Everytime I try to fly, I fall