Elle

Lana to release a cover of "You'll Never Walk Alone" for upcoming Liverpool F.C. Documentary - November 30th/December 4th, 2020

I think it’s lovely! It’s fine if you don’t like it but don’t act like you were promised something else. Any failed expectations are ones you made up and not ones that were set by Lana or her announcement of this cover. Lol 

On 12/2/2020 at 12:09 PM, Angelic Tropico said:

Yeah there weren’t any lies BUT it was worded exceptionally poorly. Hence why the Twitter dumbasses had a field day with this one. I agree with the message tho

bad wording and questionable implications aside i still never agreed with question for the culture because she frames it like "can i go back to doing xyz now?"

And it's like.. yeah? You can? no one here really had the power to stop you as long as you don't let them. and nfr was well received and honestly no one was complaining about her glamourizing abuse in 2019

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

41 minutes ago, sexyslutboy said:

bad wording and questionable implications aside i still never agreed with question for the culture because she frames it like "can i go back to doing xyz now?"

And it's like.. yeah? You can? no one here really had the power to stop you as long as you don't let them. and nfr was well received and honestly no one was complaining about her glamourizing abuse in 2019

Yeah I get what you're saying. I meant I agreed with the overall message of everyone should be allowed to write about whatever they want. I didn’t like how she made out that she has it the worst when plenty of other artists face criticism WAY worse and more frequently than she does. Also, I thought it was kinda hypocritical when she named names. She wasn’t dragging those artists or anything but she definitely wasn’t painting them in a positive light. The implications behind the post were VERY tone deaf but I do still agree that everyone should be allowed to write about whatever they want. I wish she would’ve just kept it to the point :/

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

10 hours ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Question for the culture

why are y’all talking like the song from the ig post is the final version? Did I miss something? Isn’t it possible that there are more instrumentals in the version that will be released tomorrow? 

yeah its been released on spotify (you have to search it up its so hard to find), and the instrumentals and choir fits together much better. I still think the ending feels a bit pieces together, but its the best they could probably do rn with quarantine and not much time.

and theres more reverb on this version i think. Way better than the ig one.

Its beautiful. A register too high but its gorgeous and the choir didn't even ask permission if they could make me sob. Powerful song for anyone going through it. And so many other versions as well! (Think I saw both a Judy Garland and a Johnnie Cash while scrolling through Spotify)

1 hour ago, HighbytheSea said:

Its beautiful. A register too high but its gorgeous and the choir didn't even ask permission if they could make me sob. Powerful song for anyone going through it. And so many other versions as well! (Think I saw both a Judy Garland and a Johnnie Cash while scrolling through Spotify)

True! I think it was just a slight step out of her comfort range, but its still really pretty. And the choir!!! so powerful.

i can see how her usual fanbase wouldnt be too fond of this though.

2 hours ago, HighbytheSea said:

I really love how operatic her voice sounds. I’m surprised she can still hit those notes with that much ease. Her voice sounds healthy, the vibrato on the G5s is really great. It might sound a bit out of her comfort range, but I think that’s because she hasn’t sung like that in years. Last time she delivered this kind of vocals was on MPG in UV, so it’s been like 6 years. I personally am a huge fan of her upper register, so I’m hoping for more belts and more use of her operatic head voice in the future.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

28 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

I really love how operatic her voice sounds. I’m surprised she can still hit those notes with that much ease. Her voice sounds healthy, the vibrato on the G5s is really great. It might sound a bit out of her comfort range, but I think that’s because she hasn’t sung like that in years. Last time she delivered this kind of vocals was on MPG in UV, so it’s been like 6 years. I personally am a huge fan of her upper register, so I’m hoping for more belts and more use of her operatic head voice in the future.

Really? I thought she sounded like she was straining to reach those notes, especially when you compare her singing high notes in Cola, MPG, BJ, etc... It is probably because she hasn’t sung like that for years but also I’m sure smoking/vaping hasn’t helped with that either

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

25 minutes ago, kenney said:

Just curious, what exactly is “not it” about the song?

I don't like how the start of it is basically acapella and then when the choir comes in she shuts up. It makes it feel like two distinct parts to me, instead of one cohesive song.

I feel like the start needed more instruments or layering or something, and the there should've been more integration with the choir.

Admittedly I listened to it whilst redoing my Animal Crossing living room so I will re-listen at some point, but yeah

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

22 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

Really? I thought she sounded like she was straining to reach those notes, especially when you compare her singing high notes in Cola, MPG, BJ, etc... It is probably because she hasn’t sung like that for years but also I’m sure smoking/vaping hasn’t helped with that either

Her technique is better in You’ll Never Walk Alone than it was in Cola, but she had more ease in Cola because it was recorded back in 2012 and her voice has matured in 8 years. However she strains way less than she used to and it’s actually been noticeable in her live performances since the LATTM tour where she sang more open and healthy belts than before

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

38 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

I don't like how the start of it is basically acapella and then when the choir comes in she shuts up. It makes it feel like two distinct parts to me, instead of one cohesive song.

I feel like the start needed more instruments or layering or something, and the there should've been more integration with the choir.

Admittedly I listened to it whilst redoing my Animal Crossing living room so I will re-listen at some point, but yeah

Cool, i was thinking the same thing about the instrumentals. The orchestra enters at an odd point in the song, and there was an obvious disconnect between her and the choir. Its not that noticeable until they come in together and you can really tell not much thought went into making the two sound cohesive.