Elle

Lana to release a cover of "You'll Never Walk Alone" for upcoming Liverpool F.C. Documentary - November 30th/December 4th, 2020

4 hours ago, kenney said:

yeah its been released on spotify (you have to search it up its so hard to find), and the instrumentals and choir fits together much better. I still think the ending feels a bit pieces together, but its the best they could probably do rn with quarantine and not much time.

and theres more reverb on this version i think. Way better than the ig one.

Thank you.

Yes it is better quality.
Well, just like everyone else seems to have noticed, I too agree that the a cappella part goes on a bit too long before the orchestra kicks in and there’s little cohesion with the choir but there might be a reason for that (of course it’s just speculation on my part).

I think that the instrumentals were entirely built around the documentary and the si bf was intended to be heard with it - not on its own like, say, young and beautiful. 
For example it doesn’t make any sense for the piano chords at the beginning to suddenly drop if not to fit in with the bit of the documentary we saw on IG. 

1 hour ago, FallingCherry said:

Her technique is better in You’ll Never Walk Alone than it was in Cola, but she had more ease in Cola because it was recorded back in 2012 and her voice has matured in 8 years. However she strains way less than she used to and it’s actually been noticeable in her live performances since the LATTM tour where she sang more open and healthy belts than before

I actually think she strains way more in her live performances now compared to back then BECAUSE she’s using the proper technique. Back then, she’d put on different voices (like the baby voice, the deep voice, the screechy voice, etc...) because it’d be easier to hit whatever notes she needed to hit doing those improper techniques. Now that she’s actually singing with proper support, it’s more difficult. That’s why I think her voice used to sound effortless but now it kinda sounds forced. I’m sure she’ll improve though. Practice makes perfect and singing technique is very difficult to master. I’m just glad she’s doing the proper technique now so that she can keep her voice healthy

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

31 minutes ago, Angelic Tropico said:

I actually think she strains way more in her live performances now compared to back then BECAUSE she’s using the proper technique. Back then, she’d put on different voices (like the baby voice, the deep voice, the screechy voice, etc...) because it’d be easier to hit whatever notes she needed to hit doing those improper techniques. Now that she’s actually singing with proper support, it’s more difficult. That’s why I think her voice used to sound effortless but now it kinda sounds forced. I’m sure she’ll improve though. Practice makes perfect and singing technique is very difficult to master. I’m just glad she’s doing the proper technique now so that she can keep her voice healthy

I’d imagine those different voices probably damaged her vocal chords causing her to require vocal training to learn to sing in a more sustainable style. She probably didn’t even realize the long term damage singing like that would cause until she had to perform like that for a couple hours almost every night. Plus she was a smoker, which probably accelerated the damage. It’s lucky she started training her voice before it was too late.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I

don't

know

what 

to 

think

about 

this 

cover

MWZe1Ds.gif&key=9d92f65b604dd50973639b08

• The arrangement is bad. The acapella is so baffling. It seems like they recorded the final track and then suddenly someon*e made a last ditch attempt to get Lana featured on it so she did the take in one go (and it shows)
  • The vocals are a little too strained on Lana, and she doesn't quite know how to control her voice on the descends. I like that she tried and is finally using a whole register.
  • The inclusion - and actually the whole soundtrack - is so naff... who is this for? The footy boys? The gays? BEN??? What's up with that orchestral track at the end? Lana del Rey, followed by indie guitar JAMIE WEBSTER. The pop song opener??? That 'Mazza' song??????? WHAT AND WHOMST IS THIS PRODUCT FOR.
  • The piano is really nice and the choir is good but really really doesn't feel cohesive with Lana's vocals. 

3lfQEhw.png

On 12/2/2020 at 1:02 PM, Tristesse said:

I also thought this cover was not that good. It is so blatant she's only doing it for Ben

No, she did it so we fans could buy something by Lana for our Dads for Xmas. :smile: We're all with our parents for the holidays, and this is something we can agree on instead of fighting about politics. :godlaugh:Thank you queen! :pray2:

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Now we know the final, 4:27 'official' version is better all the way around. It's leagues more controlled and 'remastered' than the earlier versions, of which I have two, which were of 3:00 and 3:12 duration. Now I can imagine myself listening to it from time to time. It still broadens her reach, and that's a good thing for her. 

4 hours ago, cashcomesquick said:

Apparently it’s not ? is it out yet?

It is. Look up « The End of the Storm soundtrack », and you’ll find the ugly cover. 

6 hours ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

is it on apple music? i cant find it anywhere. :toofunny:

It is. Look up « The End of the Storm soundtrack ». 

4 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

• The inclusion - and actually the whole soundtrack - is so naff... who is this for? The footy boys? The gays? BEN??? What's up with that orchestral track at the end? Lana del Rey, followed by indie guitar JAMIE WEBSTER. The pop song opener??? That 'Mazza' song??????? WHAT AND WHOMST IS THIS PRODUCT FOR.

It’s for the documentary about Klopp and Liverpool, I guess? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png