Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

we gotta celebrate! so don't forget to stream Blue Velvet, The Other Woman, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood, Doin' Time, For Free, Season Of The Witch, Once Upon A Dream, Summertime, You Must Love Me and You'll Never Walk alone! Go, besties GO GO GO :hooker:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

If Lana were to ever do an Amy cover (this album or not), I think Frank would suit her best. My #1 choice would be I Heard Love Is Blind because I think it'd fit Lana's voice perfectly, but I'd die if she did You Sent Me Flying AKA my favorite Amy song ever 

imageproxy.jpg

Joining the manifestation train

Red River Valley 

Carpenters – Superstar

Creedence Clearwater Revival – Lodi

Elvis – Love Me

Dolly Parton – False Eyelashes

Connie Francis – Where The Boys Are

Crosby, Stills & Nash – Helplessly Hoping

Jim Croce – Walkin' Back to Georgia

Roxy Music – Avalon

Bruce Springsteen – Racing In The Street

Mamas & Papa – Twelve Thirty

Melanie – Look What They've Done To My Song -------- This aligns so much with her current state of mind

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

what we have to remember is this won't be an album of dream covers like King Crimson and Amy Winehouse, The Police, and Mazzy Star. keep in mind, some of those artists are british, not american and will probably be the great american songbook stuff. like these

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook

I could see the actual original Big Spender being on it. didn't she want to cover Peggy Lee?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

Another pre-pre-release thread. A nightmare :oprah:

3 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

a dream actually :smile:

Two sides of a coin :diva:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Just now, Super Movie said:

If Lana were to ever do an Amy cover (this album or not), I think Frank would suit her best. My #1 choice would be I Heard Love Is Blind because I think it'd fit Lana's voice perfectly, but I'd die if she did You Sent Me Flying, AKA my favorite Amy song ever 

I love Frank so much. There Is No Greater Love, Take The Box (fits on a christmas EP :flop:) Help Yourself, In My Bed, the whole album, any cover would be great

Just now, Hydroponic Weeds said:

what we have to remember is this won't be an album of dream covers like King Crimson and Amy Winehouse, The Police, and Mazzy Star. keep in mind, some of those artists are british, not american and will probably be the great american songbook stuff. like these

twitter abt to slam her for being xenophobic and i'll start bc i badly wanted david bowie :true:

mUENGN9.png

1 hour ago, BlueGreenGray said:

Why would Ben be excited about Lana's two upcoming projects if one of them is a record that will be released by a new label (Capitol) though? 

He’s her manager. He goes wherever she goes. While he’s friendly with interscope he doesnt work foe them he works for her

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

Just now, Alison by Slowdive said:

twitter abt to slam her for being xenophobic and i'll start bc i badly wanted david bowie :true:

homophobic* because i want a cover of bowie too but what if she did this just to see how much of a hit a covers album would be and she ends up doing a great british hit covers album too after :fabcat:

idk, we just need to keep our expectations in check. she might've changed the entire thing, she ONLY said it's a covers album with her tweet so the american classics and standards MIGHT BE gone and it might be just a shit ton of covers she's wanted to do for a while and could be a mix of newer and older songs. but let's expect those on the list and if she surprises us then we'll be eating :popcorn:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

Love or Leave Me would be interesting, although Nina covered it superbly. There are a lot of Christmas songs on that list… so XMas album?!? :omfg2:

12 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i just remembered this one, "san fransico" by scott mckenzie would be heavenly, it's such a sweet, uplifting song :poordat: 

UGH YES I said before how if she ended Lust For Life with a cover to summarise the record like she'd done before this would have been the perfect one.

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey