Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I already posted about wanting this cover on the album, but wow...a classic 

(and since she's been into country lately and there's a bit of a country twang to the original song, it'd be perfect right now)

imageproxy.jpg

I am SO excited she is still working on this!! sorry if someone already said, I’m in a place w/ poor service & can’t scroll back, but do we know why she’s in front of Capitol records when she’s w/ Interscope?? Did she kick off a new contract with them and covers is the first record? Or maybe Capitol is just the name of the recording studio?

5 minutes ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I am SO excited she is still working on this!! sorry if someone already said, I’m in a place w/ poor service & can’t scroll back, but do we know why she’s in front of Capitol records when she’s w/ Interscope?? Did she kick off a new contract with them and covers is the first record? Or maybe Capitol is just the name of the recording studio?

We have no idea either. Lustforlife suggested she might be changing companies, but maybe she is just there for copyrights for the cover album. 

1 minute ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

We have no idea either. Lustforlife suggested she might be changing companies, but maybe she is just there for copyrights for the cover album. 

Thank you friend!! 

Her specific use of the word "covers" this time is interesting, as opposed to "standards and classics for Christmas" as she said previously.

I feel like that opens the door to ditch the songbook standards concept and expand out to any and every suggestion made in this thread :dua:

Manifesting a Nancy Sinatra cover (I know she already covered "Summer Wine" but that's a Nancy & Lee cover) I think if Lana covered "These Boots Are Made For Walkin" that would be so powerful and so flattering after Blue Banisters is released :agree:

Gangster Nancy Sinatra
"And I want revenge"

Just now, ByDayAnother said:

It would never happen, but my dream cover would be All Flowers In Time by Jeff Buckley.

are we sure it’s still American Standards though? She just called it a covers album on this occasion (delulu)

She actually talked about a potential covers album (even gave a name for it, "Pacific Blue") right after dropping NFR.

This could well be that album and not the ASAC one, actually!

3 hours ago, Elle said:

I would loveee a Peggy Lee cover! Peggy Lee is one of my favourite artists, and she was the first artist I ever bought on vinyl record. Imagine a studio cover of Why Don't You Do Right, Big Spender, Fever... :oprah:

STOOOOOPP ITTTTTT I NEED THAT!!!! why doooont you doooooo right like SOOOME other meeeennnn dooooo. that has to be on that cover record

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole