Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

On 10/10/2021 at 6:34 AM, Cherry Blossom said:

i want lana to release her cover of Where The Boys Are or you know someone could leak it

i want her to cover landslide by fleetwood mac, can’t help falling in love by elvis, love is a losing game by amy, stormy weather by etta james and these days by nico. 

Nah, Sisters of the Moon would be better. Or Silver Springs. Everyone covers landslide.

1 hour ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

manifesting a december release :true: i am so GODDAMN excited about this covers album, i just wanna hear her voice cover some of the most beautiful songs ever written :true:

That would be perfect! Christmas day/week release to make up for last year, then three albums in a year

I still think that Dream A Little Dream of Me would be perfect for this album :true: Lana's voice was made for that song. And it would be a bit of a call-back to FILY 

imageproxy.jpg

When reviewing Chemtrails, Mojo Magazine mentioned this artist in the “Lana Del Rey alphabet” list, and I personally feel it’s so similar to Lana’s early work

If you like Fordham Road by Lana, you might like this one! I’d love if she covered it

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

this is our new pre-pre-release thread it seems for the time being :icant:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

this is our new pre-pre-release thread it seems for the time being :icant:

I was literally going to comment that this is the makeshift LDR9 Pre-release thread :prettyhurts:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

I was literally going to comment that this is the makeshift LDR9 Pre-release thread :prettyhurts:

our minds! 5B6P.gif

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 hours ago, athena said:

If she's gonna cover a stevie nicks/fleetwood mac song it should be storms :umadney:

a Gypsy cover PLEASE

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

11 hours ago, Yosemite said:

I hope she covers this american classic :oprah:

Imagine she & Miles Kane turn this song into a screamer psychedelic rock artpiece

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

so will we get hey blue baby and stupid for being happy on the country album? we should. and is this american standards album the same as the country album?

giphy.gif

I honestly wouldn't mind if this was turned into more of a country/covers album just because of what I think Lana's definition of country is. She seems to be more into classic country, so 50s-70s (think Skeeter Davis, Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, etc.). I can even see her doing something similar to the beginning of The Trio or spaghetti western inspired stuff. Even Hey Blue Baby and I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy had more of an old school vibe to them 

imageproxy.jpg

I would love if this “Country/Western” concept she teased yesterday had a similar soundscape to Text Book, Summertime the Gershwin Version, and Summer Wine — that rustic, late 60s—early 70s sound that travels between California and Texas is my dream.