Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 minutes ago, CmonDownToFL said:

Why can't she release the music digitally and then have the vinyls come out after? I know someone asked her why she didn't do it like Taylor does it but she said "yeah, but Taylor can do that". Why can't she?

she probably will do that. it sounds like lana's label has forced her to wait for albums to be released when the vinyl is ready to be released because her album sales mainly come from vinyl sales

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

4 hours ago, athena said:

she probably will do that. it sounds like lana's label has forced her to wait for albums to be released when the vinyl is ready to be released because her album sales mainly come from vinyl sales

I agree, I think she was implying that her label simply won’t let her do that, which sucks :agree:

giphy.gif

Here's a hypothetical covers tracklist, just using some songs Lana either likes, has covered in the past or has referenced. There's a few that just remind me of her or are by artists I know she enjoys. It could very loosely be the Cali/Country thing as well: 

1. Happiest Girl In The Whole USA

2. Hotel California

3. I'm On Fire

4. The End of the World

5. Walk on the Wild Side

6. Roadhouse Blues

7. Heartbreak Hotel 

8. Lay, Lady, Lay

9. Dream A Little Dream of Me

10. God Only Knows

11. Heartbreak Hotel

12. Wicked Game

13. Why Don't You Do Right? 

14. It Was A Very Good Year

14. Time of the Season 

imageproxy.jpg

6 hours ago, CmonDownToFL said:

Why can't she release the music digitally and then have the vinyls come out after? I know someone asked her why she didn't do it like Taylor does it but she said "yeah, but Taylor can do that". Why can't she?

I think it's simply because Taylor is currently a big deal in music industry now, like her name, her brand is freaking huge - I think what she meant by "Taylor can" is because Taylor has a really huge impact when it comes to her mainstream commercial performance, she simply "can" - can "make people wait for the vinyl" - as you can see her album hype usually lasts really long for every her album rollouts. But not in Lana's case

dont get me wrong, Lana is indeed a very successful artist, but not that kind of mainstream success. That's why the hype isnt always at its strongest (like BTD, Ultra or NFR era) to make people wait months and months after the album release just to purchase the vinyl, the hype will fade & it eventually kills the possible amount of vinyl that she could've been sold. Taylor, in the other hand, as you can see the hype for each of her album era - is another story. Thats why Lana replies "cause she can tho, she can!" (cause she is Taylor Swift lol)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Here is a double album concept — the elusive “Pacific Blue” project with covers of classics by icons such as Elvis Presley, the Beach Boys, and Chris Isaak AND the newly-teased “Country & Western” project featuring American standards/classics and country originals. 

685-F50-FD-E64-B-46-E1-9518-CB5-F0-A1730

5 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Here is a double album concept — the elusive “Pacific Blue” project with covers of classics by icons such as Elvis Presley, the Beach Boys, and Chris Isaak AND the newly-teased “Country & Western” project featuring American standards/classics and country originals. 

this is the best thing i've ever seen :paris: 

mUENGN9.png

Listening to Blue Banisters - especially songs like If You Lie Down With Me, Sweet Carolina and Cherry Blossom - I REALLY hope she'd do a Billie Holiday cover on this album.

She's referred to her on The Blackest Day and I could just see it work out so well, especially with her recent style.

Two of my all time favourite Billie-Holiday covers were done by Cassandra Wilson and I feel like Lana could pull of something similar

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I hope this is her Cheek to Cheek/Love for Sale moment. Manifesting:

- Why Don't You Do Right

- That's Life

- Back to Black

- The Good Life

- Deep in a Dream

- If You Go Away

- Bang Bang (My Shot Me Down)

- Dream a Little of Me

- Only You (the Portishead song reworked into a even jazzier version)

- I Want a Little Sugar in my Bowl

- Black Coffee

- Sooner or Later / Something to Remember (she needs to cover Madonna again)

- Strange Fruit

- Mr. Blue

- It's Always You

- I Know

- You Only Live Twice

- Silver Bells

- Wake Up Alone

- To Know Him Is To Love Him

- Glory Box

- The Ocean (Richard Hawley)

- Lonesome Town

- Autumn Leaves

On 11/3/2021 at 7:28 PM, IanadeIrey said:

Why am i only seeing this now and why do i love this so much!?!?!? Ugh yes please

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

On 11/3/2021 at 5:41 PM, Super Movie said:

Here's a hypothetical covers tracklist, just using some songs Lana either likes, has covered in the past or has referenced. There's a few that just remind me of her or are by artists I know she enjoys. It could very loosely be the Cali/Country thing as well: 

1. Happiest Girl In The Whole USA

2. Hotel California

3. I'm On Fire

4. The End of the World

5. Walk on the Wild Side

6. Roadhouse Blues

7. Heartbreak Hotel 

8. Lay, Lady, Lay

9. Dream A Little Dream of Me

10. God Only Knows

11. Heartbreak Hotel

12. Wicked Game

13. Why Don't You Do Right? 

14. It Was A Very Good Year

14. Time of the Season 

iTunes Exclusive: Where The Boys Are :true:

Californ-I-A homeland of the Gods

Once I found my way

But now I am lost

54 minutes ago, scarlettohara said:

imagine lana covering "you'll never know" in her low register :crying5::crying5::crying5: i need it

Hide contents

i need an album hell even a song with this musical theather sound, it's so beautiful

12 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i am LIVING 4 this covers album :oprah3: unpopular opinion but i love her nina simone covers and want more :oprah3: manifesting a release date asap!! giphy.gif 

Her cover of « The Other Woman » is one of the best songs ever made…

a full album with such a beautiful atmosphere would be ART.

On 11/4/2021 at 10:28 AM, IanadeIrey said:

Wait yesterday i literally thought of her having 2 covers albums as a concept like this - just like IU's Flower Bookmark series where she sings classic old K-pop songs. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing