Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

23 minutes ago, sweetcinnamondealer said:

I get what you mean, I do think all of her projects are equal and hold value to me, but I still think they should still be separated by category. Like Tropico is a short film, so do you include that as a part of her "discography" too?

If she wrote a novel or starred in a movie would that also count?

Separating by category doesn't make any project less important :true:

Also I'm confused about what you mean by "I think words like ”album” etc are dated" lol what exactly makes it dated? What other word would you use to describe a collection of songs? 

Also sorry to everyone for continuing this discussion lol :hide:

Yes. If she considered Tropico a separate album for some reason, then I would do it too :true: 

I personally think ”album” is a dated term because of the way people have treated for example Paradise in the past, and now Violet. So many people lump together BTD and Paradise as the ”same” project, when it is not. Seen so many people say

”Paradise isn’t an album, it’s an EP.”

No cuz let’s talk about it :true:

Saying Paradise isn’t a ”real” album bc it was commercially released with BTD, having less somgs, despite it being its own body of work, is disrespectful to the art itself. The themes of BTD and Paradise isn’t the same. The re-release was just made by her label. Besides even by the EP/LP defintion, Paradise is an LP bc it runs for over 30 minutes. :tanisha:

So for the purpose of many people disregarding important pieces of art, I do think the word ”album” is dated, and I only use it as a synonym for ”body of work”, wich both Paradise and Violet are included in :kiss:

I respect everyone’s opinion tho, thanks for cumming to my Ted Talk :kiss3:

Edited by TropicoHeart
Spelling

7 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

I personally think ”album” is a dated term because of the way people have treated for example Paradise in the best, and now Violet. So many people lump together BTD and Paradise as the ”same” project, when it is not. Seen so many people say

”Paradise isn’t an album, it’s an EP.”

No cuz let’s talk about it :true:

Saying Paradise isn’t a ”real” album bc it was commercially released with BTD, having less somgs, despite it being its own body of work, is disrespectful to the art itself. The themes of BTD and Paradise isn’t the same. The re-release was just made by her label. Besides even by the EP/LP defintion, Paradise is an LP bc it runs for over 30 minutes. :tanisha:

So for the purpose of many people disregarding important pieces of art, I do think the word ”album” is dated, and I only use it as a synonym for ”body of work”, wich both Paradise and Violet are included in :kiss:

i think this kinda boils down to your own perception of the word album lowkey, it’s not synonymous with “a body of work” and that’s the issue (between how people label violet) here i think

bc who is saying that art is of lesser value or disrespecting it just because it’s not labeled as an Album? 

Album is not a label of importance in any way, shape, or form - at the end of the day it’s just a category 

Obviously a lot of people love and cherish violet too, but just because people don’t label it as an album doesn’t mean they’re disrespecting it, it just doesn’t fit into the category of an album 

(also i know this discussion is overdone i just think this point of view is interesting and i haven’t heard it before :toofunny:)

16 minutes ago, brandon said:

bc who is saying that art is of lesser value or disrespecting it just because it’s not labeled as an Album? 

Obviously a lot of people love and cherish violet too, but just because people don’t label it as an album doesn’t mean they’re disrespecting it, it just doesn’t fit into the category of an album 

My friend irl literally said his favorite song off of Paradise is ”Video Games” :toofunny: and he considers himself a Lana stan… It’s just makes me mad. And so many other people I see always (eg on TikTok) making videos about all of Lana’s different eras and they almost ALWAYS exclude the Paradise era, and that to me is disrespecting art, no it’s thru :true:

And alsooo, techincally Violet is a musical album. She has original lyrics and rhytm to the words on her poems, with music in the background. In a way that is a song if you think about it :flutter:

Nothing against you love, if my words sounds harsh, I enjoyed this discussion :kiss:

Just now, TropicoHeart said:

My friend irl literally said his favorite song off of Paradise is ”Video Games” :toofunny: and he considers himself a Lana stan… It’s just makes me mad. And so many other people I see always (eg on TikTok) making videos about all of Lana’s different eras and they almost ALWAYS exclude the Paradise era, and that to me is disrespecting art, no it’s thru :true:

And alsooo, techincally Violet is a musical album. She has original lyrics and rhytm to the words on her poems, with music in the background. In a way that is a song if you think about it :flutter:

Nothing against you love if my words sounds harsh I enjoyed this discussion :kiss:

This is the LDR9 P.P.R.T.

12 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I genuinely believe that she had planned to release the American Standards album, but the prolect is now shelved for some reason— :awkney:

The whole situation with the American Standards album is so weird because she did have a single ready to come out (not summertime) with a release date and everything but then it just didn't happen :hellno:

I wonder if that project was dismissed by her label for some obscure reason or maybe she didn't get all the rights in time..? Much 2 think abt

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

2 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

The whole situation with the American Standards album is so weird because she did have a single ready to come out (not summertime) with a release date and everything but then it just didn't happen :hellno:

I wonder if that project was dismissed by her label for some obscure reason or maybe she didn't get all the rights in time..? Much 2 think abt

Much to ponder about, studio/label antics... :eek2:

3 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

She even posted the photo of her in front of capitol records, a label that has nothing to do with her or her music, so it definitely was a project in the pipeline 

5 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

It would be weird of them to dismiss it considering the allowed her to randomly throw out Blue Banisters (and chemtrails too kinda) with little to no promo. Picsart single covers. Random dates, etc seemingly with out approval by mgmt. So for them to want to draw the line at a covers album would be wild

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

3 hours ago, Maltese Falcon said:

I think it's safe to say this is a scrapped project, no?

I really hope not. She could at least leak them :-D

It was expensive watch it