Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I feel like I'm the only one who isn't excited for this project :bebe:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

lana has done quite a few covers of classics before (blue velvet, the other woman, the end of the world, summer wine, etc.), so i feel like this album was only a matter of time. i feel like she might mix some of those older-type classic songs with some more 90s/80s tunes too (maybe blondie or madonna). i definitely see at least one or two old country/folksy songs too. ugh i would love to do a sultry, slow cover of 'doll parts' by hole but idk if that's really direction she's going for

2 hours ago, misslizzy said:

lana has done quite a few covers of classics before (blue velvet, the other woman, the end of the world, summer wine, etc.), so i feel like this album was only a matter of time. i feel like she might mix some of those older-type classic songs with some more 90s/80s tunes too (maybe blondie or madonna). i definitely see at least one or two old country/folksy songs too. ugh i would love to do a sultry, slow cover of 'doll parts' by hole but idk if that's really direction she's going for

^^^ I would kill to hear Lana cover Doll Parts. 

Would also love to hear her do something from the Cranberries - “Zombie” is definitely a tad overdone, but god she could make it sound so haunting. Also think she’d do “Linger” or “No Need To Argue” beautifully. 

Also “Something in the Way” or “Dumb” by Nirvana. Or “Sex & Candy” by Marcy Playground. Or “Glory Box” by Portishead. 

I just really want Lana to do a 90s cover album. :toofunny:

i think a cover of this would be thematically relevant for lana (from my very limited perspective of her life)

I need a crowd of people, but I can't face them day to day
Though my problems are meaningless, that don't make them go away

Now I'm livin' out here on the beach, but those seagulls are still out of reach
Went to the radio interview, but I ended up alone at the microphone

mUENGN9.png

let's manifest 

Spoiler

lilac wiiiiiiiiiiiine 

is sweet and heāady

like my looovfe

lilac wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine

I feęëél unsteadyy

strong like a tree but the unlucky one 

Thinking about how we were all in this thread having fun and theorizing on covers and then Lana posted the video saying she was going to deactivate :trisha:

imageproxy.jpg

7 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i want this album now :kris: when do u guys think this album will realistically be released?

Ok so IF it does come out, it would make sense for it to come out in December. 

However, realistically, we'll probably get to hear it December of 2094 right before we all die of old age. :xgiggle:

By then, her songs will be the American standards & classics so it'll just be her covering her own songs :xgiggle:

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass