Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

17 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

i want this album now :kris: when do u guys think this album will realistically be released?

if we assume she started making this album last year, and currently she's recording twice a week, i'm guessing we'll see the release sometime in mid to late 2022. 

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

Do we think this is still AS&C? Maybe the "limited" repertoire was cause she wanted to release it before Christmas but now that she doesn't have a date she can expand to any song they let her cover.

I really want some Peggy and some Nancy :crying4:

manifesting!

mUENGN9.png

29 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Do we think this is still AS&C? Maybe the "limited" repertoire was cause she wanted to release it before Christmas but now that she doesn't have a date she can expand to any song they let her cover.

I really want some Peggy and some Nancy :crying4:

Manifesting Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) (Honeymoon Version)

If anyone is interested, I made a playlist of songs I could really picture Lana covering; it covers genres from folk, modern pop, jazz, country, and more. Let me know what you all think!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4lY85w2xAaZ1xE2dHh6sq9?si=IKbo7c6zSZSthUAoR9TQ-g&dl_branch=1

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

This album would be god tier if she choses the jazz influence like she did on uv and honey, and, of course with the gershwin version. Maybe with a little more instrumental than the summertime one could be a wonderful record

tumblr_static_7g61u4n53vk0808w440k8gwoo.

*:・゚✧:・゚✧ i catch you on the flipside ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 

Summer Wine is likely on this album, according to this Barrie interview :excited: 

He says: "I actually wrote [Riverside] back in 2012 when I was living on the southside of Glasgow. At the time I asked Lana 'How would you like to sing this second verse?' It worked and we later recorded it in LA. But it's track I've always wanted to put on an album so I went back and asked Miss Del Rey's permission to use Riverside."

"She got back to me saying 'of course' but in return she said 'do you remember those four songs we did together, can I use them?' I had co-produced and co-wrote four songs for Lana in 2013 including the song Summer Wine. So I was like 'Sure'. It was cool as it was like a wee trade off but with songs."

The other three songs he's talking about are likely If You Lie Down with Me, Nectar of the Gods, Living Legend which are on Blue Banisters.

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

Okay so we have...

- Summertime

- Summer Wine

- On Eagle's Wing

Manifesting:

Chelsea Hotel No. 2

Heart Shaped Box

Goodbye Kiss

Fade Into You

It's All Coming Back To Me

Lonesome Town

Wake Up Alone

The Good Life

Dream A Little Dream of Me

In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning

If You Go Away

Why Don't You Do Right

59 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

Summer Wine is likely on this album, according to this Barrie interview :excited: 

He says: "I actually wrote [Riverside] back in 2012 when I was living on the southside of Glasgow. At the time I asked Lana 'How would you like to sing this second verse?' It worked and we later recorded it in LA. But it's track I've always wanted to put on an album so I went back and asked Miss Del Rey's permission to use Riverside."

"She got back to me saying 'of course' but in return she said 'do you remember those four songs we did together, can I use them?' I had co-produced and co-wrote four songs for Lana in 2013 including the song Summer Wine. So I was like 'Sure'. It was cool as it was like a wee trade off but with songs."

The other three songs he's talking about are likely If You Lie Down with Me, Nectar of the Gods, Cherry Blossom which are on Blue Banisters.

HELLO????? OMFG :omg:

2 hours ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

The other three songs he's talking about are likely If You Lie Down with Me, Nectar of the Gods, Cherry Blossom which are on Blue Banisters.

I'm not sure how to interpret it because he says he "co-produced and co-wrote four songs" including Summer Wine, but we know he didn't write Summer Wine, since it's a cover.

Maybe I read too much into it and he ment co-produced or co-wrote depending on the song.

17 minutes ago, saith said:

I'm not sure how to interpret it because he says he "co-produced and co-wrote four songs" including Summer Wine, but we know he didn't write Summer Wine, since it's a cover. Maybe I read too much into it and he ment co-produced or co-wrote depending on the song.

I'm pretty sure he meant he co-produced that particular song, not that he co-wrote. He said "four songs for Lana in 2013 including the song Summer Wine".

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

6 minutes ago, COLORINGBOOKS said:

I'm pretty sure he meant that he co-produced it, not co-wrote. He said "four songs for Lana in 2013 including the song Summer Wine"

Great. Thanks to Lana and Barrie for this we trade that we will benefited from getting 5 songs they did from 2013. Amazing songs from those we know.

Back on topic of the album, I hope it will have lot of songs since she delayed it and will include old recordings :brows:

I'm pretty surprise that everyone's so exited about this album when the least popular Lana songs from the albums seem to be the cover.

I actually can't understand my own excitement even tough I like a few of them :bebe: I hope she surprises us. 

17 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

she is slowly, yet surely, ripping my unreleased collection apart :omfg2:

well if the released versions are any different, you can keep it as is just retitle the previously unreleased songs as "(demo)' :sass:

2 hours ago, YourGirl666 said:

Okay so we have...

- Summertime

- Summer Wine

- On Eagle's Wing

Manifesting:

Chelsea Hotel No. 2

Heart Shaped Box

Goodbye Kiss

Fade Into You

It's All Coming Back To Me

Lonesome Town

Wake Up Alone

The Good Life

Dream A Little Dream of Me

In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning

If You Go Away

Why Don't You Do Right

But what about Knockin' On Heaven's Door?

giphy.gif