Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, TropicoKitten said:

Is it possible that by her next album being digital she was referring to the American classics one? That was supposed to be digital only right as well 

I just find it really hard to believe that she wouldn’t even come out with a standard pressing for an actual (non cover) album 

18 minutes ago, TropicoKitten said:

Is it possible that by her next album being digital she was referring to the American classics one? That was supposed to be digital only right as well 

I doubt the covers album would be digital only, surely her label wouldn’t pass up the gift-ability of an album like that, especially if they put it out during the holiday season (which kinda seemed like the plan)

UbsOye5.png

I want a Mama Cass cover on this album. PLEASE. the Queen covering the Queen of Laurel Canyon would be FUCKING ICONIC (even tho Cass didn't write much of her own stuff, idc)

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

8 minutes ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

So, What color is the vinyl?

7 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i'm thinking brown/maroon :agree: 

mom said no vinyl so i'll say invisible :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Summertime is one of her best vocal performances so I can not wait for this record. Her covers are always the real deal and the fact she is planning to release it digitally is such a good news.

Bring it on Queen.

21 minutes ago, Nahime said:

Summertime is one of her best vocal performances so I can not wait for this record. Her covers are always the real deal and the fact she is planning to release it digitally is such a good news.

Bring it on Queen.

speaking of this, hopefully once it’s finished she can put it out immediately. That’d be cool to have 3 albums from her this year lol but more likely next

giphy.gif

I remember @HoneymoonDaddy posted a mix of fake and real titles of unleaked songs for our amusement (lol) and one of them was Song to the Siren, which I presume is a cover. 

I hope if it’s real, Lana puts it on this record because it was made for her to cover, in my opinion. I think her interpretation would fit right in with some of her classic 2013 back catalog, like Living Legend, Chelsea Hotel #2, and Unidentified Flying Bill.

9 minutes ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

manifesting a release date announcement :kris::beyonce::barrie2:

Christmas day 2020 :agree:

In all seriousness, though, I'm looking forward to this album more than I initially thought I would. I think it's a really good idea and could give us some great new covers and possibly new songs all together if she goes with the Cali/Country idea (which I also love) 

imageproxy.jpg

Why can't she release the music digitally and then have the vinyls come out after? I know someone asked her why she didn't do it like Taylor does it but she said "yeah, but Taylor can do that". Why can't she?

Truly ethereal, and it’s a huge pain in the ass