Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I think she removed this from its very existence

:pout:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I wont lie: I’d love to see this finally available for streaming, even if it gets repurposed for the covers record. I don’t know if it’s just a matter of my own nostalgia, but I still think it’s one of her best renditions.

side-note: how cool is it seeing how reflective this cover is of her more recent releases? She posted this a few months after Paradise’s release, and it’s bizarre how versatile she can be!

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

Just now, West Coast said:

Will LDR9 arrive before the cover album? Which one will she delay first/again? Pick your fighter. :blush:

i think ldr9 is coming before the covers album

Spoiler

i don't think we're getting the covers album :bebe:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

52 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i think ldr9 is coming before the covers album

Hide contents

i don't think we're getting the covers album :bebe:

i agree that ldr9 feels way more imminent! i do think the covers album will happen eventually though - i like to think that lana's covering songs that mean a lot to her so she wants to do them justice and perfect her rendition super intentionally :kris: or she might be covering like 50 songs and needs more time :kris: 

mUENGN9.png

I’d like to think that bc COCC took too long, she was wanting to give us the covers album but she ended up thinking of another album so she pushed to get blue banisters out as quick as she could (literally within months) before other artists sent in albums last year, like Adele and others who wanted vinyls out for their albums. Like maybe cocc was actually meant for 2020, so because of that big delay we had, she really worked to get blue banisters out in 2021 instead of the covers album, and she’s already working on another album now because she had yet again, another idea. I’m hoping that with her already jumping to a new album which we already know of, she’s just in the flow of writing more material. I think her being busy writing and making new original songs is better in the long run than a cover album, which isn’t to say that i don’t want the covers album, I do, but someday she might lose her muse completely and not want to write her own stuff anymore, so i just wanna ride out this wave of her being creative and actually writing her own stuff before she gets outworked and stops producing like we’re used to.

like i’d be happy if this album was shelved because she’s just busy with making another record and trying to finalize her book. We’re in the second peak of LDR, which some artists never get, and I’m happy to be in this era of “LDR can’t stop writing and dropping albums”. Idk how long it’ll last, I don’t know if this is the end of this second peak and once she drops the next album, she’ll take a break, who knows… but i wanna take advantage of all of the new material we’re getting before we stop getting new stuff. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

5 minutes ago, 13beachess said:

Do we think this is scrapped or nah?

not entirely i think she's just got so much she's trying to do all at once it's hard to do it all. she's working on another album, in between she's doing the book and probably another spoken word album, this covers album, a possible collab album with Nicki Lane, and then there's other collaboration projects she's apparently been doing. i think she's just trying to manage everything and it's hard to do. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

16 hours ago, Hydroponic Weeds said:

not entirely i think she's just got so much she's trying to do all at once it's hard to do it all. she's working on another album, 

i don't visit the pre-pre relase threads in here bc they're messy lmao but what signals have we gotten that LDR9 is even in Lana's mind as of now? [apart from when she told a fan that the next album would be great?]

24 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

i don't visit the pre-pre relase threads in here bc they're messy lmao but what signals have we gotten that LDR9 is even in Lana's mind as of now? [apart from when she told a fan that the next album would be great?]

yeah she said to someone that the next album is already better but then she also mentioned on her livestream that she'd already written a few tracks. i think this was like october or november, whenever she livestreamed on honeymoon. so we already know she's got plans for the next album, she could be already closing up with stuff on it or the cover album or the nikki lane album, we just don't know 100% yet. plus there's the DNC jacket that clearly meant something but we have absolutely no news on it. the jacket designed said something along the lines of not wanting to spoil its meaning yet until Lana's ready to talk more about it, so we know it's something we just don't know exactly.... what it is.

giphy.gif

On 1/12/2022 at 1:07 AM, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

I wont lie: I’d love to see this finally available for streaming, even if it gets repurposed for the covers record. I don’t know if it’s just a matter of my own nostalgia, but I still think it’s one of her best renditions.

side-note: how cool is it seeing how reflective this cover is of her more recent releases? She posted this a few months after Paradise’s release, and it’s bizarre how versatile she can be!

PLEASE i need this song on a physical release/lossless :trisha:

On 1/12/2022 at 2:02 AM, Hydroponic Weeds said:

I’d like to think that bc COCC took too long, she was wanting to give us the covers album but she ended up thinking of another album so she pushed to get blue banisters out as quick as she could (literally within months) before other artists sent in albums last year, like Adele and others who wanted vinyls out for their albums. Like maybe cocc was actually meant for 2020, so because of that big delay we had, she really worked to get blue banisters out in 2021 instead of the covers album, and she’s already working on another album now because she had yet again, another idea. I’m hoping that with her already jumping to a new album which we already know of, she’s just in the flow of writing more material. I think her being busy writing and making new original songs is better in the long run than a cover album, which isn’t to say that i don’t want the covers album, I do, but someday she might lose her muse completely and not want to write her own stuff anymore, so i just wanna ride out this wave of her being creative and actually writing her own stuff before she gets outworked and stops producing like we’re used to.

like i’d be happy if this album was shelved because she’s just busy with making another record and trying to finalize her book. We’re in the second peak of LDR, which some artists never get, and I’m happy to be in this era of “LDR can’t stop writing and dropping albums”. Idk how long it’ll last, I don’t know if this is the end of this second peak and once she drops the next album, she’ll take a break, who knows… but i wanna take advantage of all of the new material we’re getting before we stop getting new stuff. 

i think recording a covers album while writing new material for her next studio album could benefit her in the way of inspiration from the cover songs or whatever.

I hope she scrapped the whole AS&C thing and just gives us a collection of her favorite songs and songs she performed live.

I don't know any song from that "classics" list apart from Summertime :eek:

Dream tracklist:

- Wicked Game

- Why Don't You Do Right 

- End Of The World

- Smile

- These Boots Are Made For Walking

- A couple of songs from the Nancy & Lee album (we need Summer Wine on streaming please)

- Some Elvis

- Some Nina Simone

- Some other jazz legends from the 50s and 60s (maybe Ella or Billie Holiday)

- Scarborough Fair

And I'm sure I'm missing a lot. I hope she gives us a long record with this one :creepna:

giphy.gif

is this still a thing? or she scrapped it?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing