Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Omg imagine if she records Why Don't You Do Right finally? I remember tweeting that I wish she would cover that song and few months later she sang it a couple of times! 

4 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

apparently "American standard" probably refers to songs from the Great American Songbook (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook) from a quick glance at the list, I would love a Moon River, I Fall in Love Too Easy, My Funny Valentine, White Christmas (considering it might be coming out on the 25th), Dream a Little Dream of Me, and Cry Me a River. I'm not too familiar with this genre (it seems mainly jazz/rag-time) so I'm really interested in this! (if it actually comes out :ma: )

isnt there that great clip of her singing cry me a river at blake's bday party one year or something? it was v pretty.

aOaIzH2.gif

i think this cover album has a huge potential to be amazing 

a lot of the american standard songs are from the golden age of jazz- if this is what she’s referring to i think we’re in for something pretty special 

im only sad about not seeing the album cover and tracklist for god knows how long :rip:

also, I still think we’ll get the mv soon, i would HOPE everyone including brthr wouldn’t be teasing it if it wasn’t coming out soon but if we learned anything this era it’s trust no one

1 minute ago, uvbabe said:

Omg imagine if she records Why Don't You Do Right finally? I remember tweeting that I wish she would cover that song and few months later she sang it a couple of times! 

Manifesting this! Her performance of it in Woodlands, Texas on the opening night of the Endless Summer Tour was perfect! :trisha:

What an awful time to be a realist. I just can’t see her manifesting a covers album in less than 2 months. Show me the cover, show me the tracklist, show me a preorder, then I’ll believe it. Until then I guess I must come to terms with the fact it won’t be until another miserable winter is over that I get the sweet comforts of her song. 

Who do we think they'll be of?  I'd guess Beach Boys, Billie Holiday, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Lou Reed, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis, Nancy Sinatra, Simon & Garfunkel, The Eagles, maybe Prince, Guns N Roses or Nirvana and a country duet song like Dolly Parton, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash or Kris Kristofferson.

ok can the leakers get mad again and leak some shit then? :flutter: 

i can’t believe i’m saying this but i actually don’t mind if we have to wait a bit longer for cotcc as long as we actually get a covers album for christmas.

I knew it. I had a feeling she was going to delay the album and release it during the spring. I mean the album name, its totally a summer type of name. The music is probably not meant for winter , or atleast a winter release. I think she should have kept the album a secret from the start. Looking forward to the christmas tunes!