Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

On September 11th, 2021, Lana Del Rey posted to Twitter sharing that she was working on the cover album as she shared a photograph of herself standing outside of the Capitol Records building in Los Angeles  California that was taken in August of 2021.

On November 7th, 2020, Lana Del Rey shared a clip of her in the studio while working on the covers album.

On November 3rd, 2020 Lana Del Rey announced on an instagram livestream that due to vinyl production delays for Chemtrails Over the Country Club, she would be releasing a digital cover album of "American Standards & Classics" on Christmas, December 25th, 2020. She stated that the album will include some Patsy Cline covers and Americana songs with Nikki Lane. Unfortunately, the album was postponed from her announced date.

A post shared by Lana Del Rey (@lanadelrey) on

Edited by Elle
added new info x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Just now, HighbytheSea said:

WTF are you all talking about a cover album. Im literally melting down cus I couldn't listen. Did we lose to the point of death?

She’s releasing a cover album by Christmas bc COCC has been delayed until past March at the very earliest (most likely June/July since it’ll be 90days after March 5th

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

I hope it has some solo songs... No offense to Nikki (whoever she is) but if that's not the case, i'll be expecting some solo edits on YouTube :toofunny:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Just now, VioletBunny said:

She’s releasing a cover album by Christmas bc COCC has been delayed until past March at the very earliest (most likely June/July since it’ll be 90days after March 5th

Wow.WOWWWWWWW. wait I might run away again and lurk for awhile. Im..im so fucking sad 

Just now, ShadesOfFool said:

what even is an american standard and classic lmao

I’m assuming she’s referring to songs that are listed in the Great American songbook! So, songs that have been covered by so many American legends throughout history! 
Here’s a link to see if there are any songs you recognize! https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook