Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

23 minutes ago, Elias943 said:

Why a cover album and not the Unreleased Collection of hers that she promised a long time ago. :deadbanana:

It could be easy money and would be a hit album... Queen of Disaster is already a hit on YouTube and TikTok without an ounce of promotion... :dmd:

I'm not against a cover album, though,  it's new music but it does sound a bit rushed and we know how she/her team are with deadlines... But it would be a nice present for sure !

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

It has been already said why an unreleased album would be too much trouble to happen. It would take too much work to contact old producers, licenses, contract deals, etc. 

The only way I could it see it happen were if it was an unreleased album but w/ songs post-BTD (some BTD/UV/HM/LFL outtakes) 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

7 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

im happy cuz on dec 26th im going on holiday to polish mountains in a mountain shed, its gonna be so magical to hear the new songs there

why would you polish a mountain? :confused: 

10 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

It has been already said why an unreleased album would be too much trouble to happen. It would take too much work to contact old producers, licenses, contract deals, etc. 

The only way I could it see it happen were if it was an unreleased album but w/ songs post-BTD (some BTD/UV/HM/LFL outtakes) 

you're right she'd probably only be able to use songs produced by rick or tim, maybe a few other people she worked with post BTD. a lot of her unreleased was produced by nobodies who she probably can't even get in contact with anymore.

idrc for an unreleased album at this point the only thing it would be good for is better quality and mixes of certain songs but the thing is we already have these songs. if she went through with it everyone would just complain that certain songs didn't make the cut, ect. so i understand why she scrapped that idea

i love you, but you don't understand me.

Feel like I could see Lana covering these songs on the album

Every breath you take—The police

Jealous Guy—John Lennon

Hotel California—The Eagles

Heart Shaped Box—Maybe a collab with Courtney (if she’s come around about the vagina thing)

Born to Run—Bruce Springsteen