Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

is it confirmed she’s only doing American classics? Damn, i would’ve killed for some Beatles songs...(Dear Prudence, While My Guitar Gently Weeps). 

Screenshot-2024-04-17-at-6-31-05-PM.png

who's afraid of little old me?

I feel like it’s actually going to be called American Standards and Classics. Something about the euphony and cacophony of such a literal title feels very fitting for Lana and still hugely part of her brand.

In the caption of her IG post she mentioned folk and Americana songs too, which I’m so excited for! Lana and more traditional, classically “American” stylings feels very comforting so I cannot wait!

4 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

She's in the studio recording with Zach Dawes and Dean Reid right now! :excited:

Yeees!!!  :beyonce:

Nothing against Jack  but it's nice to see her working with other producers again  bc I thought it would be only  produced by Jack and yeah I love most of the songs she did with Zach Dawes and Dean Reid in the past 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

4 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like it’s actually going to be called American Standards and Classics. Something about the euphony and cacophony of such a literal title feels very fitting for Lana and still hugely part of her brand.

In the caption of her IG post she mentioned folk and Americana songs too, which I’m so excited for! Lana and more traditional, classically “American” stylings feels very comforting so I cannot wait!

The hype is BACK. Here for a no nonsense title. Its such a 50's esque serve

That Americana project really sounds like the complement to Chemtrails... 

I don’t think it will be a very long album, just something to get us through the drought. I wonder if she’ll include previous recorded covers that could fit the theme (Cactus, for example, though not very Americana). 

Body & Soul

Like Someone In Love

Moon River

A Day In The Life Of A Fool

Girl/Boy From Ipanema

Autumn Leaves

You And And The Night And The Music

At Last

How High The Moon

honestly a classical covers album is something I’ve always wanted from Lana, but didn’t really see happening until decades into her career... so please feed me queen, thank you!! :legend:

I’m surprised this thread isn’t POURING with speculations as to what exact songs the good sis will be covering?! In my opinion .. this project is kinda overdue .. haha we know Lana loves to sing the classics so what do you guys think we will get on this record ?

i hope it’s not all vanilla.. hope there’s some raunchy classics on it lol

i don't think she will cover songs she previously covered before. like chelsea hotel no.2 and goodbye kiss e.g.

personally i would love if she covered a fleetwood mac song (dreams could make sense bc of the trend, but since she mentioned it's folk/americana i highly doubt. maybe landslide??? it would definitely fit her voice)

Shes not American but if Lana did anything by Vashti Bunyan, it would slay us for life. See "I'd Like to Walk Around in your Mind", "Train Song" and especially "Rose Hip November". Vashti was around at the time of Donavan and that whole folk movement but never caught the fame she deserved till much later in life. Lanas versions wouldn't even have to differ much. Its the sparse woodland folk music we need from her. Alas, not American. So we can expect Bob Dylan for sure yes? 

19 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

Honestly im so hyped, its like a new lana album for me since i dont listen to any of old american music, i know maybe like 5 songs and the fact that Jack finally isnt a producer:understand: i just hope it wont be piano flops only

The jack hate kills me :'( 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

All I have to say is her tagging Zach Dawes is giving me fucking life. I’ve been wanting more from them since California and Thunder. I feel like we are in for a treat! Plus her mentioning Patsy covers are a plus to me. Excited to be getting something while we wait for Chemtrails but seems like could be very good covers project.