Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

omg this is such a beautiful song - I don't know that it would suit her voice tbh but thanks for reminding me of this work of art - it's on repeat right now

omg right?? such a fucking masterpiece! and yes if she sang it in the style he sings it in idk if it would come out good, but i like covers that the artist takes their own approach on it, so perhaps she could rework it to fit her register. the lyrics are right up her ally and fit the aesthetic shes had lately

I would love if Lana covered the following songs. I also think they’d suit her so well since she’s referenced some, played some live herself, and they just really fit her sensibility already. 

House of the Rising Sun - various

Scarborough Fair - Simon and Garfunkel

Diamonds and Rust - Joan Baez

Rainbow Road - Joan Baez

For Free - Joni Mitchell

Blue - Joni Mitchell

Garden Party - Ricky Nelson

Can’t Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley

I Fall to Pieces - Patsy Cline

You are My Sunshine - Johnny Cash

Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door - Bob Dylan

Like a Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan

Hallelujah - Leonard Cohen

Stand By Your Man - Tammy Wynette

Jolene - Dolly Parton

To Know Him is to Love Him - Phil Spector

Rhinestone Cowboy - Glen Campbell

Ventura Highway - America & George Martin

Islands in the Stream - Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton

Helplessly Hoping - Crosby, Stills & Nash

Our House - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young

So Far Away - Carole King

I Talk to the Wind - King Crimson

2 hours ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

I hope she doesn't just go with the Patsy Cline 60s kind of sound because it would be kinda boring and actually explore a few decades.

I would love to hear her cover something by Ryan Adams like Oh My Sweet Carolina, something by Tom Waits like Ol' 55, of course some Bruce and Elvis.

tbh I think she kind of will stick to the 60's and before type music since she's doing American Standards, which is mainly ragtime/jazzy songs/hymns especially judging from the cover snippets she's posted so far (so really classic classics). i'd love to be proved wrong though, I'd love a cover of something by Simon and Garfunkel or the Doors 

sgopYhV.gif

so. with how sorta unprecedented her poetry was. I actually think she's gonna pull thru w this. and direct comm much appreciated yeeess. so. it's coming out on the 10th of dec? 11th for the cover. the 25th's been confirmed?

I know it'll just be a month til we get the cover, maybe some time to even watch the film to get a better grasp of it/just for the sake of. 

vinyl plant march. said said said. is that all that we really know atm? 

UV/Honeymoon

just had a vision of Lana covering Bust Your Windows...

I BUST THE WINDOWS OUT YOUR CAAAR

YOU KNOW I DID IT CAUSE I LEFT MAAARK

WROTE MY INITIALS WITH A CROWBAAAR

AND THEN I DROVE OFF INTO THE DAAARK

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

did she ever actually specify it was on the 25th? she probably just meant it will be "for christmas" meaning anytime around December

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

did she ever actually specify it was on the 25th? she probably just meant it will be "for christmas" meaning anytime around December

Christmas 2021 :derpna2:

Haven't been online in awhile or read any of this thread yet but...... could "End of the World" be something in the works/a potential possibility for this album? Idk what she's said about whatever this record is about or gonna include/be like etc. if someone wants to fill in a bit 

:creep:

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19

1 hour ago, vodkaa said:

so. with how sorta unprecedented her poetry was. I actually think she's gonna pull thru w this. and direct comm much appreciated yeeess. so. it's coming out on the 10th of dec? 11th for the cover. the 25th's been confirmed?

I know it'll just be a month til we get the cover, maybe some time to even watch the film to get a better grasp of it/just for the sake of. 

vinyl plant march. said said said. is that all that we really know atm? 

Unfortunately. I wish we had a better idea of WHEN COCC was coming out. Like how SOON after March 5th? I don't blame this on the vinyl plant not being opened. I think, like someone said previously - I can't remember who, they just aren't pressing HER album until March 5th. Cuz sis literally took forever on deciding if she wanted Dealer on the album, and I'm almost positive that's what the delay is from.

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Oh....oh God wait this gives me stress. Going back now to see what she said. Could it be earlier?? Could it be February 25th?????? (Lana if you're here I love you and I joke in the most stupid of fashions please don't manifest)