"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Across the street he stood and he played real good

ezgif-4-030801c3ca80.gif

---------‐--------------------------------------------------------

Now me, I play for fortunes

eA0N5.gif

For Free HAS to be on that damn album and definitely with the girls :trisha:

Capture.jpg

i wonder if the album of covers came to fruition when she decided to put a cover on cocc? maybe she started thinking about other songs and wanting to cover them but couldn’t make up her mind so she said fuck it, i wanna put out a digital cover album?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Listening to Marianne Faithfull this morning, it would be so perfect if Lana covered Rich Kid Blues or It's All Over Now Baby Blue, her voice is so perfect for it! And it would match the Mid-Western/folk aesthetic of COCC.

On 11/4/2020 at 6:07 AM, wild caged animal said:

Jim Croce - New York's Not My Home

Jim Croce - Walkin Back to Georgia

Leonard Cohen - Bird on the Wire

Simon & Garfunkel - Bridge Over Troubled Water

Joni Mitchell - River

Joni Mitchell - The Last Time I Saw Richard

Bob Dylan - Girl From the North Country

Jeff Buckley - Lover, You Should've Come Over

American standards: 

You've Lost That Loving Feeling

Elusive Dreams

Catherine Deneuve GIF - CatherineDeneuve GIFs

I’m so late to this but you have some of the best taste in music I’ve ever seen - I absolutely love Girl From the North Country and if Lana covered that song I would diiiie. 

3 hours ago, missamericatrash said:

Listening to Marianne Faithfull this morning, it would be so perfect if Lana covered Rich Kid Blues or It's All Over Now Baby Blue, her voice is so perfect for it! And it would match the Mid-Western/folk aesthetic of COCC.

imagine her doing witches song!!

aOaIzH2.gif

24 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

I’m so late to this but you have some of the best taste in music I’ve ever seen - I absolutely love Girl From the North Country and if Lana covered that song I would diiiie. 

I know I knowww... especially because she literally is a girl from the north country. It just has to happen eventually:crying:

Songs for Lana to cover

April Come She Will - Simon & Garfunkel (as well as The Boxer, El Condor Pasa and a studio version of Scarborough Fair)

Suzanne - Leonard Cohen

Me and Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin

Hurt - Johnny Cash (I know it's not his original song but his rendition of it Lana could definitely do)

L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole

Spanish Harlem - Ben E. King

Ghost Riders in the Sky - Johnny Cash

You're So Vain - Carly Simon

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

When the Beach Boys were working on Pet Sounds, their label needed an album out for the holidays, but Brian Wilson refused to rush his masterpiece, so they had to quickly put together something else. So they recorded an unplugged cover album, then brought some friends in to record talking and giggling and stuff to add to the tracks, took some pictures playing at the beach, and quickly put together “Beach Boys Party!” in time for the holidays. When Lana first mentioned the idea of “Pacific Blue”, I had brought up how I wished Lana would do something like what The Beach Boys did, but that she probably wouldn’t..... I just remembered that now and realized that now she’s doing exactly that...... freaky

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Just now, daphnedinkley said:

im very much into this but at this point i just don't believe anything :crai:

I was super super skeptical, until she posted that video of her singing the hymn and mentioning being in the studio for the album! Now if it actually comes out December, that’s still to be known or not! I can’t see it being delayed though, because it’s not like she’s actually writing the music, just covering it! :)

"Don’t forget me"

On 11/9/2020 at 10:37 AM, nachitodelrey said:

i think if she cover this song she can become the new queen of xmas is just so good 

That’s exactly what I had in mind. :twirls: the new Mariah Carey. 

I'm full-in on a covers album. And with her name dropping Patsy Cline ❤❤❤❤ I mean, I love so many of her songs, I wouldn't even know where to start; I Fall To Pieces, Walkin' After Midnight, She's Got You, Crazy, Back In Baby's Arms just to name a few. I'm hoping she covers Crazy or She's Got You, but Back In Baby's Arms is a rare gem of a track. I think it's a bit too fast for Lana, she would probably slow it down. Anyways, super excited for this album (assuming it actually happens)

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png