Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

32 minutes ago, WildMustang said:

moon river..moon river....MOON RIVER PLEASE

Yes! Even though I think Chloe and Halle did the definitive 2020 version, I will GLADLY take that. Its my moms favorite song and would mean so much. Yes please for requests miss Lana!

Manifesting a Heart Shaped Box cover  a Landslide cover & Lilac Tree cover:kris:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

I've been hammering this song the past few months and have thought it's very Lana lyrically. Even the album title Mermaid Avenue!

This arrangement itself is not a standard but the lyricist Woody Guthrie is regarded as one of the great American songwriters

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

Ok, no one attack me cus my lack of taste and knowledge jumped out for a second but im learnin. I always hear you guys talk about Lilac Wine and im always thinking "whatever boring classic these hoes are yellin about, next"....so skip to today, ive been house/dog sitting in this bougie ass home of my friends parents. On comes Lilac Wine by Nina Simone and GOOD GOD I am so sorry I mentally talked shit on yall without any knowledge. Its an opus of a song. Simone dropped the mic on that one and its So Lana. I know she legit said the covers are mostly folk but yeah, im on the Lilac Wine wagon and feel so deprived all these years. Miss Queen, this is a formal request :)

6 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

Ok, no one attack me cus my lack of taste and knowledge jumped out for a second but im learnin. I always hear you guys talk about Lilac Wine and im always thinking "whatever boring classic these hoes are yellin about, next"....so skip to today, ive been house/dog sitting in this bougie ass home of my friends parents. On comes Lilac Wine by Nina Simone and GOOD GOD I am so sorry I mentally talked shit on yall without any knowledge. Its an opus of a song. Simone dropped the mic on that one and its So Lana. I know she legit said the covers are mostly folk but yeah, im on the Lilac Wine wagon and feel so deprived all these years. Miss Queen, this is a formal request :)

We love to see it! Now babe if you’re ready for a full blown break down and to never recover, look up Jeff Buckley’s cover of Lilac Wine and prepare for emotional catastrophe. 

6 minutes ago, HighbytheSea said:

We love to see it! Now babe if you’re ready for a full blown break down and to never recover, look up Jeff Buckley’s cover of Lilac Wine and prepare for emotional catastrophe. 

58 minutes ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Any way I don’t understand why this thread is so dead when we literally are less than a month away from a release? 

what's there to even talk about? we already discussed songs we want her to cover. there's not much more to talk about. :crossed:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

4 hours ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

what's there to even talk about? we already discussed songs we want her to cover. there's not much more to talk about. :crossed:

Ok but we don’t really have anything cocc related either and yet that thread is always buzzing. I mean I get it it’s not going to be original material but it’s still pretty exciting we’re going to have a new record new art work and new track list in a few weeks and I feel like people aren’t really bothered. 
It’d be so cool if she rearranged the songs into something like Looking For America. ?

4 hours ago, Nikogo said:

Do we think the album cover is gonna be her, or a scenery shot a la VB

I’d love for it to be some sort of scenery - also I wouldn’t mind if she did something with one of those photos in Violet, like the one where she is standing at the entrance of a shed with the flag behind her. She’s totally disappeared which I’ll take as a sign that she might be recording and mixing - I’m pretty hyped that we’re going to have new music very soon tbh 

6 hours ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

Any way I don’t understand why this thread is so dead when we literally are less than a month away from a release? 

Because the truma of the COCC thread is more than enough

Plus we know basically nothing about this project so we don't have anything to extrapolate with. It's far easier to make stuff up when you've got some crumbs

:agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

alrite. i've finally accepted, really, that this is happening so let's tackle. 

it's coming b4 cocc. it'll be album of american classics/covers. 

that's all we know atm. 

I do hope it gets the vinyl treatment. I do hope she posts more like she did w violets. 
knowing how she's such a quality artist, we'll be enjoying it more than anticipated, let's be real. 

it's times like these, and just intuition pinging, but it's great to know that she's been real productive this year, even if her main project's been delayed (although finished). I doubt this'd be her last record tho, but I wouldn't be surprised if she took a longer while to release the album after cocc. 

white hot forever seemed like an amazing way to fade out career wise, if even to take a break. just like a supernova, star cycle wise. (love that typa shit) 

UV/Honeymoon

32 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

alrite. i've finally accepted, really, that this is happening so let's tackle. 

it's coming b4 cocc. it'll be album of american classics/covers. 

that's all we know atm. 

I do hope it gets the vinyl treatment. I do hope she posts more like she did w violets. 
knowing how she's such a quality artist, we'll be enjoying it more than anticipated, let's be real. 

it's times like these, and just intuition pinging, but it's great to know that she's been real productive this year, even if her main project's been delayed (although finished). I doubt this'd be her last record tho, but I wouldn't be surprised if she took a longer while to release the album after cocc. 

white hot forever seemed like an amazing way to fade out career wise, if even to take a break. just like a supernova, star cycle wise. (love that typa shit) 

The way we've both decided it's called White Hot Forever when it very likely isn't 

Twinsies

(And if that's not what you're saying just play along pls ... I need someone to share fantastical delusions with)

:omfg2:

Anyway, I think it might be called that because American standards are like songs from old Hollywood and Broadway 'n' shit, right? So like ... White Hot Forever signifying something that's timeless and shines forever

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

5 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

The way we've both decided it's called White Hot Forever when it very likely isn't 

Twinsies

(And if that's not what you're saying just play along pls ... I need someone to share fantastical delusions with)

:omfg2:

Anyway, I think it might be called that because American standards are like songs from old Hollywood and Broadway 'n' shit, right? So like ... White Hot Forever signifying something that's timeless and shines forever

oh fuck. I mean- yes. gahahahahahahahahahaha

Idk when I think of American Standards, yeah a little bit of old hollywood. i honestly have no idea about broadway, I was kinda hoping she'd select a handful of songs that lent to the midwestern vibes. when I think of classics, and of her regarding her, I think of road trip music. I'm not even gonna google it atm, but idk who P. Kline is, so maybe that might be clue. 

and I hope this one does yeah hahahahahahahaha 

UV/Honeymoon

When I think American Classics and Standards I think of some husky voiced women hawking me a double album at 3am in the morning "Lana Del Rey sings American Classics and Standards, a double album filled with treasured favorites spanning from the 1940s to 1970s and interpreted by Del Rey herself, accompanied by Emile Haynie. For just 3 payments of 19.99, you will receive this incredible collection of Lana Del Rey's personal favorites, along with a hotline number you can call! Lana del Rey has recorded a personal message for you about her Upcoming Chemtrails over The Country Club, coming SOON. Order now while you still have your sanity!! "

(Forgive me, ive been up earlier than usual to feed chickens...on that farm life for a second)