Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

52 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

The way we've both decided it's called White Hot Forever when it very likely isn't 

Twinsies

(And if that's not what you're saying just play along pls ... I need someone to share fantastical delusions with)

:omfg2:

Anyway, I think it might be called that because American standards are like songs from old Hollywood and Broadway 'n' shit, right? So like ... White Hot Forever signifying something that's timeless and shines forever

How about Pacific Blue? Wasn’t that the title of a cover album project she suggested a few years ago? 

On 11/9/2020 at 2:43 AM, MAX DEL REY said:

He's past his BB date with Lana

Lana's work with him is her best work ever... 

578c68b668f2f515fc750b6860a1213b--torch- Ever since my baby went away... its been the blackest day..... its been the blackest day

6 hours ago, Chestnut Fox Sexy Jesus said:

How about Pacific Blue? Wasn’t that the title of a cover album project she suggested a few years ago? 

It's too surfy-sounding for this project, imo

It'll probably be called "Star Spangled Banner over Montana" or some shit, knowing her

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

On 11/11/2020 at 1:13 PM, Trash Magic said:

I've been hammering this song the past few months and have thought it's very Lana lyrically. Even the album title Mermaid Avenue!

This arrangement itself is not a standard but the lyricist Woody Guthrie is regarded as one of the great American songwriters

omg i love it,

all the songs you guys are uploading are great

LDR-ALOHA2.jpg

I’m (sadly and embarrassingly) uncultured and I’m pretty confident every song she covers is going to be pretty new to me... so for me this is basically gonna be an album full of new songs

"Don’t forget me"

45 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

It's too surfy-sounding for this project, imo

It'll probably be called "Star Spangled Banner over Montana" or some shit, knowing her

Yea I do agree with you actually. It’s such a good title for a song or album though. Maybe more for a song actually.

But to come and think of it, the concept is way too specific to get a title of its own so I’ll go ahead and change my mind and agree that it’s probably going to be called American Standards & Classics - 

kinda reminds me of what Norah Jones did with Green Day’s Billie when they did a cover album of American country songs called Foreverly 

14 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I’m (sadly and embarrassingly) uncultured and I’m pretty confident every song she covers is going to be pretty new to me... so for me this is basically gonna be an album full of new songs

That’s not sad or embarrassing at all! <3 it’s amazing that you get to have an album of new songs :kiss: maybe you’ll discover some new artists :flutter:

10 minutes ago, vodkaa said:

wait. they're doing Wicked game? 

I think we’re all just kind of speculating that whatever covers Lana did of songs that are considered classics now (on the NFR tour especially: For Free, Wicked Game, and I would say Chelsea Hotel #2 but she already has officially covered that, of course) will end up on the American Standard & Classics record! 

On 11/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, IanadeIrey said:

That’s not sad or embarrassing at all! <3 it’s amazing that you get to have an album of new songs :kiss: maybe you’ll discover some new artists :flutter:

I’m sure I will! Her covering songs always inspires me to check out the original artist :wub:

"Don’t forget me"

On 11/13/2020 at 4:00 PM, Nikogo said:

That's a great way to look at this project !! I'm sure I'll recognize most, if not all of the tracks. I'm still super fucking boosted for a covers album from Lana regardless

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

praying we get a Billie Holiday track she's long overdue on covering one 

if I could choose I think Lana could pull off But Beautiful really well but shed probably do I'll Be Seeing You if anything 

Edited by Pin Up Galore
oops turns out but beautiful is a Jimmy Van Huesen song but the desire still remains

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif