Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

18 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

praying we get a Billie Holiday track she's long overdue on covering one 

if I could choose I think Lana could pull off But Beautiful really well but shed probably do I'll Be Seeing You if anything 

Imagine "Goodmorning Heartache", "I'm A Fool To Want You", "Don't Explain" or "Lover Man" :flutter:

I'd also really love a cover of Black Coffee

Anything by Eartha Kitt like "If You Go Away" or "I Want To Be Evil" would make for a nice twist aswell.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Lana’s recent shoutouts from Bruce Springsteen have me curious if they’ve been working together. 

I could totally imagine Lana covering Secret Garden. In the track, he describes a woman who will always reserve a part of herself from others, and that access to her private headspace is the “secret garden.” Lyrically, it’s totally in the realm of 13 Beaches.

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

2 hours ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Lana’s recent shoutouts from Bruce Springsteen have me curious if they’ve been working together. 

I could totally imagine Lana covering Secret Garden. In the track, he describes a woman who will always reserve a part of herself from others, and that access to her private headspace is the “secret garden.” Lyrically, it’s totally in the realm of 13 Beaches.

So Bruce will be featured on Jack’s band’s (Bleachers) new single from his third album. He shared a teaser on a hotline yesterday! It’s totally possible Bruce also worked with Lana or they will connect for a future project.

giphy.gif

The other day I related Lana’s current artistic schedule to the Beach Boys, but I’m realizing it’s even more similar to Joan Baez’s direction. After Joan Baez’s poetry album, Baptism, her husband was drafted and she started recording an album dedicated to him, David’s Album, in the country genre since that was his favourite music. And while she was working on it, she decided to also record a double album album of Bob Dylan covers in a country style, Any Day Now, which came out around Christmastime in 1968, the same year as the poetry album, with her other album coming out the following spring. I was just thinking about that when Lana mentioned she was working on 2 albums at the same time and I realized that maybe Joan even suggested the idea of recording covers album at the same time as Chemtrails! Also when Joan picked the Dylan songs, she put all the sheet music on the floor and closed her eyes and picked them at random and I think it’d be cool if Lana picked her songs that way, letting fate make the final decision.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688