Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Omg this is exciting! We have no reason to doubt right? We need this win!!

I truly love this song, one of my favourites, and though it's so often covered, it's a perfect fit for Lana and our first taste of this covers album! I wonder how much she'll make the instrumentals her own, or if she'll stick closely to the originals and let her voice carry the power.

11 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

Agree that it’s an overdone song BUT is def a standard/classic and tbh the description has me so fucking exciteeeeed :party:

this week sucked and I am thrilled to have new Lana to look forward to!

What description?? 

13 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

Kind of an overdone song, but I’m honestly surprised we don’t already have a Lana version of it, it’s such a “her” song to cover. I’m looking forward to it! Glad this is actually coming to fruition because I was very doubtful at first. 

Same! Since no date she gives seems to come through, that cover album almost seemed too good to be true. 

not sure if this has been covered before but what exactly constitutes an American classic or standard like .. can we expect only the old vintage songs or would some more modern songs count? like surely all I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey is an American classic 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

12 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

not sure if this has been covered before but what exactly constitutes an American classic or standard like .. can we expect only the old vintage songs or would some more modern songs count? like surely all I want for Christmas by Mariah Carey is an American classic 

idk what lana's interpretation of classic or standard is but the commonly understood version is the great american songbook type stuff, gershwin, cole porter etc. i could def see lana extending this out to some 60s/70s classics too

aOaIzH2.gif

5 hours ago, gsnlp said:

WTF? 

Wait.....no hold on please. Im too weak of soul, weak of heart and mind (plus I've been barreling through a book for legit the past 6 hours so im spent) is there legitimacy here? I'll cry so damn hard yall 

Edit-its real, as you know, and im just a mess of emotions. THIS WAS NEEDED