Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

Okay ...I woke up and omg can't believe that we get the first single from this project today :trisha:

Haven't heard the original one yet so it will feel like a brand new Lana song to me. So excited for this !!! 

I guess Lana will reveal the title of the cover album today  , maybe the release date as well.  After the description for the cover art I'm pretty excited to see it. Come through Lana:understand:

Wondering how many songs she covered for this project?

Hmm and I wouldn't mind if she re-worked  one of her classics into 50s, 60s or 70s song ....

Imagine a jazzy or bluesy version of  Video Games or a more guitar based version  ( could be folky or rockish  though)

Anyways I'm excited either way for this project 

Still hoping for a Bruce Springsteen , Heart Shaped Box , House of the rising sun & Lilac Tree cover 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 11/4/2020 at 2:12 PM, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

Why Don't You Do Right?
If It Be Your Will
Heartbreak Hotel
(I know this won't ever happen bc of Priscilla)
Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Summertime
Dream A Little Dream of Me
Blue Moon

Where the Boys Are?
As Time Goes By
I Put A Spell On You
Lilac Wine
My Way
Scarborough Fair

c0fb1ce3f68f5bc22bf723eb30f84acf.jpg

So, let's see how many of these I manifested right

One down :smokes:

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

4 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Am I the only one that is not even excited about this? We want COCC not a stupid covers album that everyone will forget when the holidays go away lol

Um... I just can't with this statement. I'm so damn excited for this covers album; a nice little unexpected treat to hold us over until her new album drops. Lana has always enjoyed doing covers, so this is something that isn't outside of her wheelhouse.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

14 minutes ago, 5adboy said:

Am I the only one that is not even excited about this? We want COCC not a stupid covers album that everyone will forget when the holidays go away lol

she could as well not release anything till july cuz cocc isnt coming out any time soon anyway. we should be thankfull. Its not like she delayed cocc to release covers album lol

50 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

BITCH YOU GUESSED SOME OF THE BEST ONES TOO OMG Why Don’t You Do Right better be on the album omg it NEEDS to be done in the studio finally after all these years

but let’s not forget:

Till The Cows Come Home

Heart Shaped Box

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

wait guys could we actually get a new version of Big Spender? without rap? this is the original version

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

Impeccable taste!!!!! I'm here for the rest of your manifestations. But yall, let's start partying! I cant speak for the rest of you, but I dont think my mind is fully recovered from election week. The news grows more grim by the day, the sentient orange gourd still wreaking havoc, an uncertainty still tainting the very air.(but there is hope). Im so emotionally spent, and like a dove with a vine, Lana has come to lift my head and look forward. Yes its a cover, one I actually really cherish, especially Scarlett Johansson's version. But this is going to be an absolute serve, and I want my favorite friends of the boards celebrating with me. Im grabbing a bottle tonightttttt!!!!!

The way I am very uncultured, so this covers album is pretty much going to be a brand new Lana record for me. I heard Summertime before, but not many others that people are throwing around

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, HighbytheSea said:

Impeccable taste!!!!! I'm here for the rest of your manifestations. But yall, let's start partying! I cant speak for the rest of you, but I dont think my mind is fully recovered from election week. The news grows more grim by the day, the sentient orange gourd still wreaking havoc, an uncertainty still tainting the very air.(but there is hope). Im so emotionally spent, and like a dove with a vine, Lana has come to lift my head and look forward. Yes its a cover, one I actually really cherish, especially Scarlett Johansson's version. But this is going to be an absolute serve, and I want my favorite friends of the boards celebrating with me. Im grabbing a bottle tonightttttt!!!!!

yeah this week has been rough as hell and I am SO grateful for a new Lana song to bring a little joy into my life :crai:

aOaIzH2.gif