Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

12 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

In her insta post, by “standard crew”, do you think she means the band and back up singers performed on the entire standards album with her? Omg! If so, is shaping up to be one of Lana’s best albums!

I was just thinking and wondering this. I really hope so! If so we really are in store for something amazing.  

11 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

In her insta post, by “standard crew”, do you think she means the band and back up singers performed on the entire standards album with her? Omg! If so, is shaping up to be one of Lana’s best albums!

thats exactly how I took it!!

I wonder if Dealer features the backup singers :wub:

"Don’t forget me"

WELL HELLO! 

00-A28-B01-62-B3-443-F-AC37-AFF8447-D020

And welcome to the first edition of what I hope to be many DrUnK cOvErS brought to you by yours truly. What I enjoy about these visuals - aside from the tasty beverages - is that I don’t second guess the artistic direction. I just do what feels right. So without further ado, a retro take on American Standards and Classics:

DC4-E5408-A330-4-AD9-B8-F2-08-CAD2-DE804 

7 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

WELL HELLO! 

And welcome to the first edition of what I hope to be many DrUnK cOvErS brought to you by yours truly. What I enjoy about these visuals - aside from the tasty beverages - is that I don’t second guess the artistic direction. I just do what feels right. So without further ado, a retro take on American Standards and Classics:

THIS IS GORGEOUSSSSSS :wub::krylie::wowcry: you had no business popping off like this :oprah3: I’m so hoping for a 60s, retro-bombshell-esque feel with the cover art and I’m convinced you’ve sowed the seeds that we will reap. Legend behaviour :oprah:

13 minutes ago, conceptart47 said:

WELL HELLO! 

i love this:krylie:

i really hope she goes in this direction since the majority of the songs i’m assuming will be from this era 

2 minutes ago, venicebitch said:

Do we really think it’s titled “American Standards & Classics” or is it just a placeholder for you fanmade covers 

I can't imagine her using that, honestly

It's gonna be called "Tumbleweeds and Poppy Seeds" or something

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

9 hours ago, vodkaa said:

I hope the cover's her in some antique shop or something. but make it Age of Adaline. also. maybe it'll be safe to get the tracklist like before the holidays first half of dec? yes yes yes 

I’m not sure we’ll get a tracklist / preorder before?!? The way I see this project: she will record as many covers as she can, with no precise number of tracks and if it end up being a 9-track album, so be it?!? I mean, she could record until release, really. I’d love if she included some of her previously sung covers, even if we heard them or have them. The Good Life needs to be heard by the GP.

6 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I’m not sure we’ll get a tracklist / preorder before?!? The way I see this project: she will record as many covers as she can, with no precise number of tracks and if it end up being a 9-track album, so be it?!? I mean, she could record until release, really. I’d love if she included some of her previously sung covers, even if we heard them or have them. The Good Life needs to be heard by the GP.

I can see w her record that that's how it might go down, but i'm hoping for something better/ delivered a little better. I was re reading this and was wondering why all the ?!?'s ?
I don't think it'd be that farfetched if she came thru like she did w her poetry. and if not, it's still something to enjoy. Regardless, it'd sound a bit deflated and a missed opportunity if u ask me

UV/Honeymoon

since she called them her crew for the album, i'm wondering if the entire project with have this almost camp-jazz vibe or if she'll do some other stuff too? i really wanted jazz more in the vein of the other woman, but this interpretation is surprisingly traditional (tbh i was expecting sort of 70s-laurel canyon takes on standards) and pretty on the nose.

aOaIzH2.gif