Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, bel air rose said:

i think if lana is gonna throw in some more current covers then the name couldn’t be “american standards and classics” and obviously it’s a placeholder but.... will she? i don’t see a patsy cline song next to a weeknd song. i can however see an amy cover since amy’s sound was so jazzy

it’s hard to tell but since lana is so inspired by these older generation artists I think it’s fair to assume most covers will be from songs majority of us won’t recognize and i have no problem that 

And that’s why I said it was a wack idea. Those songs don’t belong on an album together 

I can't wait for her to cover Adele, America's greatest living artist, who has produced both standards and classics. Wouldn't she sound positively bitching on Chasing Pavements.

7 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

If she's magically and inexplicably covering British artists then I demand a Florence cover

Lana sing Cosmic Love. :rip:

3lfQEhw.png

2 minutes ago, takeitdoen said:

I can't wait for her to cover Adele, America's greatest living artist, who has produced both standards and classics. Wouldn't she sound positively bitching on Chasing Pavements.

I'm Not Calling You A Liar

:oic:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I def am wanting more jazz tunes. I’m really thinking it will be older songs as in sixties and before. It’s just a vibe I get. I don’t see any modern covers being done honestly. I really found it kind of interesting how she referred to it as a classical album in one of her recent posts. I believe it was one of the posts about her dad so that really makes me think we are going older and more “classic” than a more open ended interpretation variety.

Edit. Nvm. Apparently her dad has a classical record he’s working on.  

Either way I’m here for the old songs. Please bring them on! 

I want this album to be as big as possible. Squeeze them all in!

39 minutes ago, Roses of Saigon said:

I DEMAND MORE NINA SIMONE.

Could you imagine a cover of Black Is The Color Of My True Love’s Hair? I feel like Lana’s voice would suit it so well. 

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

4 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

Could you imagine a cover of Black Is The Color Of My True Love’s Hair? I feel like Lana’s voice would suit it so well. 

The flavor :lange:

Lana Del Rey Ultraviolence GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 hours ago, takeitdoen said:

Adele's great and simply amazing, but America's greatest living artist is Lana

shades-of-cool-GIFS-lana-del-rey-3722791

It’s not *technically* American at its roots, but it’s been sung enough times it’s become a standard of American singers so I’m gonna throw out “Black is the Color of My True Love’s Hair”. The Nina Simone version is iconic and I’d love to hear a Lana version. 

(also a wiki search indicates MANY artists have included this song on their American folk song standards records so for all intents and purposes the version of the song we know is considered American)

"Happy Together" by the turtles :icant:

"Cry Me A River" :krylie:

"One" (by Three Dog Night) :defeated:

"Unchained Melody" :crying4:

"It's A Man's World"  :oprah:

I KNOW im reaching at this point, but lowkey the possibilities are ENDLESS :oprah2:  

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend: