Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This post from one of the backup singers on 'Summertime' allude to the possibility that the backup singers will make an appearance on more tracks for this record. However, though the lines "It’s been a great week working with the amazing @lanadelrey. More music to come." make it sound like she could be saying more music with Lana to come, she also could just be talking about just more music from herself x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

This might be totally random and I don't think it's an american standard  but I can imagine Lana covering this song

She can totally do this and we need a more rockish Lana back 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

'Cry Me A River,' 'Autumn Leaves,' and Moon River' have been covered to death, so I hope LDR doesn't include those. I admit that 'Summertime' has also been covered to death, and yet she pulled it off magnificently. 

I would much rather see her tackle less well-known standards like 'Laura,' 'Skylark,' 'The Shadow of Your Smile,' 'Love Is A Many-Slendored Thing,' 'How Deep Is The Ocean,' 'Last Night When We Were Young,' 'Once Upon A Time' and, perhaps from the folk era, 'The Green Leaves of Summer,' Tim Buckley's 'Song To A Siren' or the Kingston Trio's 'All My Sorrows.

What she includes of Patsy Cline I hope are not the overly-familiar Cline tunes, such as 'Walking After Midnight,' 'The Wayward Wind,' 'Crazy,' or 'I Fall To Pieces.'

1 hour ago, tripticks said:

God, the thought of her doing "Song to the Siren." (American standard, though?)

It’s not a standard from the ‘Golden Age,’ but it is a classic from the American folk era. I would rather she record it for another album, perhaps the oft-mentioned, mythical ‘Pacific Ocean Blue.’

1 hour ago, tripticks said:

God, the thought of her doing "Song to the Siren." (American standard, though?)

so sheridan posted the pics of lana from the summertime music video today as well as a photo of a cactus and captioned it 

“a day with la del rey” and hash tagged #comingsoon #makingmagic with the cactus emoji 

new visuals coming?? ? :rip:

edit: her makeup artist was also tagged and on sheridans story he posted a pic of etienne with a sticker that says “magic” def think something was shot today 

52 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

so sheridan posted the pics of lana from the summertime music video today as well as a photo of a cactus and captioned it 

“a day with la del rey” and hash tagged #comingsoon #makingmagic with the cactus emoji 

new visuals coming?? ? :rip:

edit: her makeup artist was also tagged and on sheridans story he posted a pic of etienne with a sticker that says “magic” def think something was shot today 

What if it’s the cover of “Cactus” by the Pixies that was registered in 2017? What with all the Cactus emojis! They could’ve shot a video for it today (and maybe it will confirm whether or not Lana really dyed her hair brown LOL). The cover could’ve been produced with Zach Dawes in 2017 around the time they had TLSP band, so sonically, it would fit with the other covers on this record since they’re also produced by him! 

Y’all know this album will never come out like half of the things she promised to release right? :smokes: Sorry to be a delusional lipster, but after all the Sept. 5th drama I just can’t trust her. DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP

35 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

what if she covered Thunder by Lana Del Rey

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 11/19/2020 at 9:37 AM, HydroponicWeeds said:

wait guys could we actually get a new version of Big Spender? without rap? this is the original version

Definitely one of my biggest cases of "songus interruptus" is LDR's small sample of "Big Spender" (Coleman and Fields, 1966) in Smiler's (2016) Big Spender. Big Spender is also similar to Thunder by having a driving percussion beat.

1 hour ago, Blue Madonna said:

what if she covered Thunder by Lana Del Rey

I definitely sympathize, as it seems a more productive way of flipping the bird at her critics than her usual flipping. However, my choice would be Pawn Shop Blues, or possibly even Fine China.