Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

51 minutes ago, snake said:

ugh I could only wish for a studio version, I actually like the live one she did 2012 but feel like a lot of others don't. the start makes me want a cover of Toms diner :ohno: v excited for this project.

Forgot that this existed...and I really like it as well!!! And I love her look too:defeated:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

okay i legit never make covers but i had a galaxy brain moment so here you go

AAPlxdD.png

this was just a dumb mock up so you guys will have to deal with the font choices. its based on the cover of utada's first singles collection and i thought it would go really well with the american standards and classics vibe

1 hour ago, Kandidate said:

No vinyl pre order? No nothing.

the chance of it getting a vinyl are super slim since she’s releasing it digitally because of COTCC’s vinyl delay :)

I expect some kind of CD/ITunes pre order in the near future since her original announcement for the project has a Christmas release date..but we will see! She isn’t the most reliable when it comes to release dates

"Don’t forget me"

54 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

the chance of it getting a vinyl are super slim since she’s releasing it digitally because of COTCC’s vinyl delay :)

I expect some kind of CD/ITunes pre order in the near future since her original announcement for the project has a Christmas release date..but we will see! She isn’t the most reliable when it comes to release dates

What I'm hoping is that the Standards album is well received and we get a legit vinyl offering down the line at some point ? I have a feeling this (kinda) surprise release is going to be really amazing and I will want to add a vinyl pressing to my collection

Edit: I wouldn't expect something before COCC tho

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

4 hours ago, snake said:

ugh I could only wish for a studio version, I actually like the live one she did 2012 but feel like a lot of others don't. the start makes me want a cover of Toms diner :ohno: v excited for this project.

how did I not know she covered this song wtf

2 hours ago, electra said:

AAPlxdD.png

Hide contents

this was just a dumb mock up so you guys will have to deal with the font choices. its based on the cover of utada's first singles collection and i thought it would go really well with the american standards and classics vibe

WOW...:wowcry: I love this so much, I would DIE if she actually did something like this...the serve and power this has omg :trisha:

3 hours ago, electra said:

AAPlxdD.png

Hide contents

Lana will cover 'Borderline' confirmed. :legend:

20 hours ago, The Greatest said:

She needs to cover landslide ughhh

Landslide would fit so well in her more recent discography and the dialogue she’s included in her writing lately. 

The lines in Venice Bitch where she talks about getting older and watching the neighborhood kids have always reminded me of Landslide. 

It’s such a full-circle concept considering so much of her music has centered around themes of youth and the feelings of invincibility that follow it

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

5 hours ago, electra said:

AAPlxdD.png

Hide contents

This is rad

Good work

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

WOW...:wowcry: I love this so much, I would DIE if she actually did something like this...the serve and power this has omg :trisha:

it's definitely got an impactful energy. it's like bitch here are THE american standards and classics.

1 hour ago, veinsineon said:

@electra AHHH!!! I love that cover so much. It’s giving me Madonna Immaculate collection :woot:

ahh i never even thought of that! but it totally does, its a really pretty colour scheme and its so impactful

47 minutes ago, RormanNockwell said:

Clayton has DREAMS on his story

Lala pls :icant:

I sent this song to an ex girlfriend when she left me: A classic break-up song! :hide:

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I sent this song to an ex girlfriend when she left me: A classic break-up song! :hide:

You sent a woman a song that goes, "women - they will come and they will go?"

If my ex sent me that I'd feel very confident I'd made the right decision tbh

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

7 hours ago, RormanNockwell said:

You sent a woman a song that goes, "women - they will come and they will go?"

If my ex sent me that I'd feel very confident I'd made the right decision tbh

Yeah! Because I found out that she betrayed me. :troll: 

And it worked because she called me right away, angry. lol Then I told her about my "discovery". :rip:

Do you guys think she'll surprise drop this album like she did with LMLYLAW & Summertime  or do you think she will announce it before its release?

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: