Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

2 minutes ago, Life said:

i mean, who honestly really wants this?

:crossed:

i couldn't give a damn now that COCC is coming in 2 weeks.

I very much want this! New Lana music (even if it is an album full of covers) is always exciting. Granted I don’t want it as much because the lead single is two weeks away

But I would still very much like this record 

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, Life said:

i mean, who honestly really wants this?

:crossed:

i couldn't give a damn now that COCC is coming in 2 weeks.

The problem is not the album cover. But untill when she will keep this unfair game to us? She will probally tell to some magazine that a self directed clip for Tulsa is coming?

Lust For Dead   large.gif

13 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I very much want this! New Lana music (even if it is an album full of covers) is always exciting. Granted I don’t want it as much because the lead single is two weeks away

But I would still very much like this record 

11 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

The problem is not the album cover. But untill when she will keep this unfair game to us? She will probally tell to some magazine that a self directed clip for Tulsa is coming?

i mean, it would be nice to have but i'm neither shocked or disappointed. i'm more focused on COCC now.

:hooker:

13 hours ago, TerrenceLovesHoneymoon said:

I forgot about that. Another year of a mess is coming!

Yup. Cause you KNOW she’s going to release iron gates on vinyl again as spoken word. Too bad the plants will be closed and she will have to announce a project to hold us over for delaying iron gates, and the cycle continues 

1 hour ago, Vertimus said:

That's not true, that "she's always been like this," "that this has been happening from the beginning." UV and HM were released exactly when it was announced they would be, and we've been led to believe that LFL was delayed 3 months or due to the 'Love' leak, which is probably true. So for all intents, three albums were released when they were supposed to have been. 

As I wrote above, the whole NFR fiasco taught me a lesson about believing in 99% of what she says, but, as another member posted, you wouldn't think she could possibly delay an album that was intended to fill the gap due to another earlier project being delayed, and then delay the second project without notice, and on Christmas. EVEN THAT is something I would think she wouldn't have the gall or rudeness to do. 

And since she seems to believe in 'mystical' ideas like karma, she should consider what sort of bad karma she's creating for herself, which to me is simply the bad faith she's creating in her own fanbase. 

actually ultraviolence was meant to come out in may, lana's own words. she also started talking about honeymoon like a year before anything came out.

anyways some of yall need to calm down about this album, yes it sucks it didn't come when she said it was supposed to but it was only meant to make up for the lack of COCC and now COCC is coming so obviously she's gonna wait a bit to put this out cause releasing 2 albums would be overwhelming and a mess. it'll probably come a few months after COCC is released it's not that big of a deal. 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

honestly who cares about this album when we are actually getting Chemtrails sooner than she even anticipated in her Dennys livestream.....

when most singers do a Covers album or Christmas album - it always feels like they are at the end of their success/road of inspiration... so she can delay this "project" forever, im still happy we are getting chemtrails... she does not owe us anything until it is perfected on her end as well as interscopes rules  

Friendly reminder that no one here takes a blood oath to not complain about her nonsense, and this is the very worst nonsense

Letting your fanbase down on Christmas Day is some next level bullshit and there is no excuse for it

People are allowed to think it's shitty AND keep stanning

:agree:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

I’m really holding out hope that the “album for Christmas” can even mean Monday, since she’s dropped stuff Monday-Wednesdays before. If not, I’ll feel super disappointed that she couldn’t include a quick note in her Merry Christmas when she knew we were all waiting on pins and needles :crying5:

giphy.gif

i saw a post somewhere on here earlier before i had a nap which said that they don’t mind the broken promises and meaningless announced release dates bc it adds to her ‘mysterious aura’ and i can’t stop ctfu :deadbanana::deadbanana:

RVhKIwP.gif

5 minutes ago, May said:

i saw a post somewhere on here earlier before i had a nap which said that they don’t mind the broken promises and meaningless announced release dates bc it adds to her ‘mysterious aura’ and i can’t stop ctfu :deadbanana::deadbanana:

its just an opinion , you can have yours and rant about how selfish and rude she is! it really doesn't change the art!

Just now, paradisetropico said:

its just an opinion , you can have yours and rant about how selfish and rude she is! it really doesn't change the art!

i know it just cracked me up :lolliney: 

RVhKIwP.gif

22 minutes ago, Lentilus said:

wait I've never realized that she said "standard FOLK songs" :bebe: So it wouldn't have been songs from the Great American Songbook after all? Maybe both. I'm glad I didn't know because the disappointment would've been more severe.

What's the deal(er) with Zach Dawes albums and songs disappearing btw?? :uh: