Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

54 minutes ago, Pin Up Galore said:

since its confirmed Lana recorded 4 song w Nikki for these albums I think its relatively possible we might have some with Weyes and Zella too. Weyes has shared posts of her in the studio for quite some time and who knows maybe they recorded more than one cover when they made For Free :nails:

Lol it's the 1000th time she says she's recorded "a lot of songs" with another artist... songs that will never see the light of the day bc they're probably just iPhone recordings. Abel, Rocky, Zach, the guys she made Thunder with, her guitarist, Nikki... :toofunny:

As much as I don't want to get my hopes up again for yet another teased project of hers, Lana did reference this again in her latest interview in MOJO this month (sorry if this has already been mentioned btw). In reference to the songs she made with Nikki Lake: 'They have written four more originals; there is also, says Del Rey, "a cover album of country songs" and one of "other folk songs". 
So hopefully she's still intending on releasing it one day, fingers crossed!

On 4/11/2021 at 2:04 PM, past the bushes said:

YES THESE ARE PART OF THIS ALBUM AND YES IT WILL RELEASE  :hype:

Reveal hidden contents

eventually :hype:

Do we know it for a fact? :smokes3:

13 minutes ago, honeybadger said:

can she channel all her country energy into this instead? if it's country energy like chelsea and summer wine i'll take it you best believe

Both. There's no reason why we can't get a covers album everytime she has a delay with a main project. Pacific Blue, Country Covers, and American Standards are all iconic and I want them all and more.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg