Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

5 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Quick cover mock-up using the selfie she posted today! Inspired by Elvis Presley’s album covers from the 50s!

Processed-with-VSCO-with-nc-preset.jpg

Yes! Even with just a digital release I’d rip the songs on a CD and use this cover. I live for your cover arts. So creative and talented :thankyou:

DYJRPfi.gif c5dd836305cb85b3253fce96ae00741c547fd6fd.gif SH8DzJM.gif
???????, ??? ??? ?? ?? ???? ?????

Quick cover mock-up using the selfie she posted today! Inspired by Elvis Presley’s album covers from the 50s!

THE SERVEEE !!!:trisha:

You are talented, brilliant,  amazing...Ben if you read this hire her and let her do the cover arts 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Reminds me of Honeymoon era which makes me think that Honeymoon kind of sounded like an American classics cover album with certain songs such as Salvatore, The Blackest Day, etc.

25 minutes ago, lamms said:

Yes! Even with just a digital release I’d rip the songs on a CD and use this cover. I live for your cover arts. So creative and talented :thankyou:

Aww, thank you so much!! That’s too kind, you’re so sweet <3 :kiss: 

And on the topic of that, I know she said it’s just a digital release for Christmas but I hope she eventually presses it to vinyl!  Lana always sounds so good on vinyl and with the classics that she’ll be covering (most of which were probably first released on vinyl) it’d be so wrong to not have a physical record! <3

21 minutes ago, Pico Boulevard said:

THE SERVEEE !!!:trisha:

You are talented, brilliant,  amazing...Ben if you read this hire her and let her do the cover arts 

Thank you so much, that’s the highest of praise :trisha: I’m so honoured!! <3

15 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!

Reminds me of Honeymoon era which makes me think that Honeymoon kind of sounded like an American classics cover album with certain songs such as Salvatore, The Blackest Day, etc.

Thank you so much!! <3 and I definitely agree - I love what she said about Honeymoon being influenced by “the Golden Age of Jazz” when she first announced it, and I definitely hear some of that influence in her vocal inflections on that record, as well as the little saxophone ornamentations and chord progressions on some of the songs you listed! Judging by Lana’s recent take on Summertime, we kind of lucked out because she could very well continue in that direction and further develop that lounge-y sound, especially since she’s been working with those background vocalists! I remember when Honeymoon came out, she even said in an interview that on the upcoming tour she’d like to have background singers accompany her, like Whitney Houston’s shows, and even though she added Alex and Ashley to her crew after that, we never got a true Lana + backing vocalists moment - until now! So excited! <3

Omg, one of your best. Do you have a thread with all of your edits? If not, you should make one!!

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

1 minute ago, Doll Harlow said:

Omg, one of your best. Do you have a thread with all of your edits? If not, you should make one!!

Thank you so much!! <3 and I do have a thread with all my edits! I should probably start posting in there first instead of clogging other threads up with my stuff :eek2: (sorry, everyone!) - but that’s really sweet of you to say, thank you!!:thankyou:

It's finally time that we get a studio version of her singing " Knockin' on Heaven's Door" :defeated: and I need  her to cover " Wonderwall" by Oasis but that will not happen on this cover album since they aren't american:poordat:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

6 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

Beautiful! I was just thinking how that selfie could be the cover of the album. 

Kacey Musgraves posted her duet with Lana “I’ll be home for Christmas” from her last year’s show on Twitter and IG stories.

Here’s hoping a full studio version comes soon. ?

On 11/26/2020 at 9:57 PM, IanadeIrey said:

Oh the talent that rings within the fandom...never ceases to amaze me. Excellent job :kiss3:

"And when you see my face on every billboard and TV screen, you'll regret the day you walked away" :lanahairflip3: :legend:

At this point I'm more excited about this project than Chemtrails. I feel like she will be much more daring with it, as it's 'just a side project'. Less risk of her overthinking stuff.

Summertime was so much better in terms of production, vocal delivery and overall rollout than LMLYLAW

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

So if she’s doing American classics, I think there’s like a 90% chance Springsteen’s I’m On Fire will be in there. Right? It’s pretty in line with Lana thematically, too. 

14 hours ago, DCooper said:

Lana could serve this song so deliciously. 

I love love love love this song.  Peggy is so good. This would be an amazing option!

On 11/27/2020 at 9:12 AM, Pico Boulevard said:

It's finally time that we get a studio version of her singing " Knockin' on Heaven's Door" :defeated: and I need  her to cover " Wonderwall" by Oasis but that will not happen on this cover album since they aren't american:poordat:

ugh I could only wish for a studio version, I actually like the live one she did 2012 but feel like a lot of others don't. the start makes me want a cover of Toms diner :ohno: v excited for this project.