Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

This enchanting tune could be covered wonderfully by Lana. Plus the whale sounds in the beginning remind me of the Lust For Life version she had performed live with the whale sounds :blush3:

"Moving"

Moving stranger,
Does it really matter,
As long as you're not afraid to feel?
Touch me, hold me.
How my open arms ache!
Try to fall for me.

How I'm moved.
How you move me
With your beauty's potency.
You give me life.
Please don't let me go.
You crush the lily in my soul.

Moving liquid
Yes, you are just as water.
You flow around all that comes in your way.
Don't think it over,
It always takes you over,
And sets your spirit dancing.

How I'm moved.
How you move me
With your beauty's potency.
You give me life.
Please don't let me go.
You crush the lily in my soul.

so it’s december.... i wonder when this will drop lol watch it only be like 8 tracks too -_-

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

44 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Watch the Chrstimas Album get scrraped or relesead on easter :popcorn:

If it was out in January, I wouldn’t be mad. 
but I still think it’s coming on time since there is no limit to how few or how many songs she can put on that. Plus if she has the rights, she could throw a couple of old covers on the mix. 

anyways, Chemtrails seems so far away: I’m as « hyped » for it as I was when she first mentioned it on NFR’s release day.

6 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I’d love this! Like how Cat Power covered one of her own songs on each of her cover albums. It’s almost like a way of inserting herself into music history. :wub:

would we consider it a cover tho? or a remake?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

Well, I do think Lizzy had a different sound. I see her as a whole other person, but at the same time she is not

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

1 minute ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

I’d personally call the song a re-recording (just like with Yayo), unless it was of an unreleased song, then I’d call it the official version. But in the context of a covers album, it’s just kinda easiest to refer to it as a cover lol.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

On 12/3/2020 at 10:51 AM, HydroponicWeeds said:

so it’s december.... i wonder when this will drop lol watch it only be like 8 tracks too -_-

Even if it’s only 8 tracks...if they’re all amazing, I’d dig a cute EP to get us to Chemtrails. Summertime is already beautiful: anything in that vein will make me happy (still secretly wish she’ll include The Good Life, though very unlikely). 

i kinda hope she just makes this album as long as possible until the deadline 

I wouldn’t mind her putting old covers that weren’t officially released like summer wine and chelsea hotel no 2 

i love her goodbye kiss cover but i don’t think that’s an “american classic” lmfao 

6 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

i kinda hope she just makes this album as long as possible until the deadline 

I wouldn’t mind her putting old covers that weren’t officially released like summer wine and chelsea hotel no 2 

i love her goodbye kiss cover but i don’t think that’s an “american classic” lmfao 

I have no clue in what American classics really are. It still would be songs by her taste and she might not have gotten rights over all songs she intended to cover?

I love the idea of the songs you mentioned finally getting a place in her discography. They fit well together!

What’s this devotion? You really seem like a good man
Bodies or oceans, I cling to you like your mainland

I really hope there's 10+ songs she's fully capable of doing it in the amount of time she has to do it. especially if she ends up working with jack too I think him producing a cover could be very... interesting wB05vQ4.jpg and she better give us a proper cover and vinyl release 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

12 hours ago, Pin Up Galore said:

I really hope there's 10+ songs she's fully capable of doing it in the amount of time she has to do it. especially if she ends up working with jack too I think him producing a cover could be very... interesting wB05vQ4.jpg and she better give us a proper cover and vinyl release 

At this point, I don’t want to hear about fucking vinyls anymore haha ?