Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

6 hours ago, JehovahThikness said:

apparently "American standard" probably refers to songs from the Great American Songbook (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_American_Songbook) from a quick glance at the list, I would love a Moon River, I Fall in Love Too Easy, My Funny Valentine, White Christmas (considering it might be coming out on the 25th), Dream a Little Dream of Me, and Cry Me a River. I'm not too familiar with this genre (it seems mainly jazz/rag-time) so I'm really interested in this! (if it actually comes out :ma: )

Ooh, I fall in love too easily, My funny valentine and cry me a river are great jazz songs, I’m so excited to hear Lana cover any of them! :flutter:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

36 minutes ago, Lustformoney said:

so is this called Pacific Blue or American standard n classics? second one sounds cringey

The title will probably be something christmas themed. Lana  Del Christmas or something.

5 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

That's actually great for us but I'm afraid it will further kill the "anticipation" for COCC

Bah at this point... 

with the pandemic going on, nothing is going on as planned, except

maybe a digital only album.
In terms of anticipation, it will be NFR 2.0: tidbits, nothing, nothing, boom a month full of everything. I was expecting the MV and title track this month, but that aged like milk. That hype for that album has died down for me. Which ain’t a bad thing for my mental health. 

Just now, salvatorexcx said:

what anticipation

Gurl I did type ""anticipation"" haha

Just now, GeminiLanaFan said:

Bah at this point... 

with the pandemic going on, nothing is going on as planned. A digital only album is the only thing that could be out as planned. 

you have a point

You'll Never Walk Alone is listed in the Great American songbook, so will it be included on the album as well?

Btw, I would KILL for a studio version of For Free with Weyes Blood and Zella Day and finally Chelsea Hotel No.2 on streaming platforms (I'd rather have the solo version but I'm also fine if Adam Cohen jumps on the record)

It could be good but I don’t buy it. Feels fake. I’d be over the moon to be proven wrong, though. It would certainly be a lovely gesture considering the delay. 

I love Patsy Cline so i'm really excited for the covers album - I appreciate her giving us an update and a Christmas gift album too? I'm feeling pretty positive about this, even with the news about COCC. We won't be hanging on indefinitely and can enjoy the new covers record while we wait.