Elle

"American Standards & Classics" Cover Album - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 hour ago, VioletBunny said:

The livestream where she acknowledged she doesn’t update us enough, apologised, then announced this covers album to make up for it.. just to not release the covers album and then not update us on it .. incredible queen

That's the kind of behavior today we call entitled and privileged.

It's inexcusable in this day of instant communication via IG or Twitter. I don't care how talented she is, she's not above common courtesy. 

2 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I follow the Lana del Rey topic on twitter and when I opened the app this was the first tweet on my TL and I had a heart attack ??

OMGHDHDUDJDHDJ

WTF! omg why would they do this?? I follow them

They've always had good info. I dont get it. :crying2:

This isn't funny anymorw

1 hour ago, Nikogo said:

Well my reply was to someone saying we need to get anything and we’re starving because of it, and I was pointing out that we still got something. I didn’t say it was funny or cute, I’ve said before her lack of communication is frustrating and annoying but she’s been like this since Tropico and while it is rude to her fans/supporters, it’s just in her nature. The Jan 4th for violets that wasn’t delayed until jan 5th really made me not really care about anything she announces until it’s set in stone. Which while is shitty advice, it works 

That may "just be her nature," but it doesn't make her behavior in this regard any less rude or crass. She knows what decent manners and civilized behavior are, and I bet she expects both in her daily life from strangers, her staff and her record company, and from her family and friends as well. Some people have an innate and often irrational desire to steal from their friends; that doesn't excuse it or make it right. 

It's troubling to know that she has this huge ethical blind spot regarding her remarks about her own releases, and doesn't even seem to care how idiotic they make her appear. She comes off as entitled, above it all, not subject to the manners, social rules and expectations that the rest of civilized society is subject to.  

1 hour ago, Nikogo said:

The Jan 4th for violets that wasn’t delayed until jan 5th really made me not really care about anything she announces until it’s set in stone. 

I know this is off-topic, but I’ve seen this claim many times and it’s not true. She announced Violet’s delay on January 4th at 12:28am PST. Yes, it was still way too late to announce a delay since it was the day of, but it wasn’t the following day like it’s been claimed.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

11 minutes ago, paradisetropico said:

for me, the mystery is what makes lana different. and appealing. it leaves me wanting her art more.

she did the same with tropico. yeah it sucks but if it’s that offensive then go stan someone who tweets nonstop all day 

This isn't an issue of Stanning or of 'tweeting all day.'  It's a matter of being honest, reliable and communicating what is important to the right audience. Being dishonest, entitled, rude and unreliable doesn't represent mystery to me.  

A lot of 'Stans' are masochistic, but I'm not one of them. I don't belong to any sort of 'Lane Del Rey Cult,' and never will, nor do I make cult figures of anyone, in any capacity. 

19 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

This isn't an issue of Stanning or of 'tweeting all day.'  It's a matter of being honest, reliable and communicating what is important to the right audience. Being dishonest, entitled, rude and unreliable doesn't represent mystery to me.  

A lot of 'Stans' are masochistic, but I'm not one of them. I don't belong to any sort of 'Lane Del Rey Cult,' and never will, nor do I make cult figures of anyone, in any capacity. 

nobody is asking you to worship or make her a cult figure, but the fact of the matter is that she's always been like this since Paradise. Projects that either don't see the light of day, are delayed months because she gets ahead of herself, etc. This isn't some new behavior with her. It's literally been happening since the beginning. So if this lack of communication and "rudeness" is bothering you so much, you don't have to keep dealing with it. It's really that simple 

And this isn't meant to be an attack, either. My best suggestion is to just not get emotionally invested with the projects she announces until there's a set in stone official announcement, like the Chemtrails one.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 hours ago, Nikogo said:

Well my reply was to someone saying we need to get anything and we’re starving because of it, and I was pointing out that we still got something. I didn’t say it was funny or cute, I’ve said before her lack of communication is frustrating and annoying but she’s been like this since Tropico and while it is rude to her fans/supporters, it’s just in her nature. The Jan 4th for violets that wasn’t delayed until jan 5th really made me not really care about anything she announces until it’s set in stone. Which while is shitty advice, it works 

44 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

That may "just be her nature," but it doesn't make her behavior in this regard any less rude or crass. She knows what decent manners and civilized behavior are, and I bet she expects both in her daily life from strangers, her staff and her record company, and from her family and friends as well. Some people have an innate and often irrational desire to steal from their friends; that doesn't excuse it or make it right. 

It's troubling to know that she has this huge ethical blind spot regarding her remarks about her own releases, and doesn't even seem to care how idiotic they make her appear. She comes off as entitled, above it all, not subject to the manners, social rules and expectations that the rest of civilized society is subject to.  

Did you not read what I said before you quoted me? I said it is frustrating, annoying, and rude. I’m not making excuses for her, but at the same times....yikes. She’s still working on it and I don’t see it as entitled or troubling that she isn’t giving us details every step of the way. Some people just aren’t good at communicating and while it would have been nice to get some kind of update regarding the record (“hey guys record is coming along!”) I’m not mad about it because it’s to be expected. Not to be one of those ‘she doesn’t owe us anything’ people BUUUUT. She doesn’t owe us anything. We know the record is being worked on, and I hardly see it as an ethical blind spot that she doesn’t communicate well. She has big intentions and she follows through. I know this is Lanaboards and we’re all big fans of her, but I’m not gonna come on here and disrespect her because she’s taking longer than she thought. She should have not gave an estimated release date, and we wouldn’t be in this boat. Same with COTCC, we’re only 3 months past her og date but that doesn’t mean it’s not coming.

I trust her process and know whenever we get the covers album, it’ll be amazing and it’ll be perfected vs what we would have gotten yesterday. 

41 minutes ago, recklessdaughter said:

I know this is off-topic, but I’ve seen this claim many times and it’s not true. She announced Violet’s delay on January 4th at 12:28am PST. Yes, it was still way too late to announce a delay since it was the day of, but it wasn’t the following day like it’s been claimed.

Thanks for the correction!

Take her ‘it’s delayed’ tweet as more proof. she says she lost 9 days of work and the delay is going to be a month. She is terrible at communication, but it’s not like she scrapped violets...and what we got was an incredible record. 

this cover album will come when it comes 

"Don’t forget me"

29 minutes ago, Contemplating God said:

nobody is asking you to worship or make her a cult figure, but the fact of the matter is that she's always been like this since Paradise. Projects that either don't see the light of day, are delayed months because she gets ahead of herself, etc. This isn't some new behavior with her. It's literally been happening since the beginning. So if this lack of communication and "rudeness" is bothering you so much, you don't have to keep dealing with it. It's really that simple 

And this isn't meant to be an attack, either. My best suggestion is to just not get emotionally invested with the projects she announces until there's a set in stone official announcement, like the Chemtrails one.

That's not true, that "she's always been like this," "that this has been happening from the beginning." UV and HM were released exactly when it was announced they would be, and we've been led to believe that LFL was delayed 3 months or due to the 'Love' leak, which is probably true. So for all intents, three albums were released when they were supposed to have been. 

As I wrote above, the whole NFR fiasco taught me a lesson about believing in 99% of what she says, but, as another member posted, you wouldn't think she could possibly delay an album that was intended to fill the gap due to another earlier project being delayed, and then delay the second project without notice, and on Christmas. EVEN THAT is something I would think she wouldn't have the gall or rudeness to do. 

And since she seems to believe in 'mystical' ideas like karma, she should consider what sort of bad karma she's creating for herself, which to me is simply the bad faith she's creating in her own fanbase. 

I’m trying tu understand the silence about this album: Does she want to surprise drop it like she did with Summertime? Is it done but she forgot it still takes a couple of days to upload on Spotify and all? Or is she still working on it? 
the only excusable silence on her part is if she is dropping it somewhere before the end of 2020 (very unlikely though).

1 hour ago, VioletBunny said:

I follow the Lana del Rey topic on twitter and when I opened the app this was the first tweet on my TL and I had a heart attack ??

The way this could be the cover and I would love it. 

There are many factors that play into role behind closed doors.... who knows what’s going on in Lana’s PERSONAL life or what her MANAGEMENT Is telling her... at the end of the day quality art is quality art...life isn’t easy, it’s one thing to be at work investing time and energy in various projects but it’s another thing to release them. Contracts and shit really put the release process at a halt sometimes... all because of the $$$ the only thing that matters in this hell driven industry ... at least we know whether through visuals, sound or words Lana’s heart will always be present in her work.. thus worth the wait. 

29 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

That's not true, that "she's always been like this," "that this has been happening from the beginning." UV and HM were released exactly when it was announced they would be

How long have you been a fan of hers? 'Cause the date May 1st came right out of her mouth when asked UV's release date.

It's pretty much what @#glimmeringdarling said above: even if she intends to do stuff, her label always has the final word. If Chemtrails (the album) is really coming way sooner than expected, then I guess her label won't give the green light to release another album so close to another one (that is way more important); even if it's only a covers album w/ a lowkey release.

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

22 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

That's not true, that "she's always been like this," "that this has been happening from the beginning." UV and HM were released exactly when it was announced they would be, and we've been led to believe that LFL was delayed 3 months or due to the 'Love' leak, which is probably true. So for all intents, three albums were released when they were supposed to have been. 

As I wrote above, the whole NFR fiasco taught me a lesson about believing in 99% of what she says, but, as another member posted, you wouldn't think she could possibly delay an album that was intended to fill the gap due to another earlier project being delayed, and then delay the second project without notice, and on Christmas. EVEN THAT is something I would think she wouldn't have the gall or rudeness to do. 

And since she seems to believe in 'mystical' ideas like karma, she should consider what sort of bad karma she's creating for herself, which to me is simply the bad faith she's creating in her own fanbase. 

she announced UV to be released May 1st but it didn’t come out until June. The only album that’s come out ‘on time’ is BTD/P and HM

and even paradise doesn’t count because Tropico was ‘releasing soon’ for almost a year 

"Don’t forget me"

7 minutes ago, #glimmeringdarling said:

There are many factors that play into role behind closed doors.... who knows what’s going on in Lana’s PERSONAL life or what her MANAGEMENT Is telling her... at the end of the day quality art is quality art...life isn’t easy, it’s one thing to be at work investing time and energy in various projects but it’s another thing to release them. Contracts and shit really put the release process at a halt sometimes... all because of the $$$ the only thing that matters in this hell driven industry ... at least we know whether through visuals, sound or words Lana’s heart will always be present in her work.. thus worth the wait. 

This is not really the probally sis.. The problem is that she use her Instagram to give happy birthday to every friend she have in this life and cant log on to post a apologize that something is happen and the project isnt avaliable to be released anymore? Oh no

I love her but sorry

Lust For Dead   large.gif

10 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

This is not really the probally sis.. The problem is that she use her Instagram to give happy birthday to every friend she have in this life and cant log on to post a apologize that something is happen and the project isnt avaliable to be released anymore? Oh no

I love her but sorry

Exactly. She has a certain responsibility to her audience, just as all retailers, wholesalers, salesmen and businesses do. Once she finds out she's made a false statement, or her statement has been invalidated by some incident, all she has to do is drop a tweet or message on IG. Period.  

And should it be her record company making decisions or changing hers, then all she has to say is, "I don't know yet, but once I've heard from Interscope and I'm 100% sure, I'll make sure you all know."