Elle

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass Merch Drop

i think that could be manipulation technique, its sold out, restocked, sold out over an over to stress u out and make it look like its really limited and exclusive n it pushes you to order it asap but in fact they have like a million of everything lol

I got the blanket last night and the LDR15 code worked, but it didn't work today when I ordered the wall hanging and the box ? maybe they caught on or has anyone been able to use it today? I wonder if any of the merch profits are being donated like with the book. I think she originally said 100% of the book proceeds would go to that Native American water fund but it seems that's maybe changed. It's crazy how a couple years ago it was going to be $1 for something super simplistic and now it's like all these different vinyl editions and special merch and has become such a huge thing. I assume it wasn't all dropped at once with the vinyls because they wanted to wait til we got paid and had a break, thus spending more than we would have if it was all available at the same time. Or maybe it was a later decision when they saw the opportunity to make more money during the down time between the new album and next poetry book. Which kind of gives me anxiety and excitement thinking of all the merch that will come next year with the second poetry book plus the new album. I hope the merch doesn't end up like the TS store where it's just way, way, way too much shit

Just now, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

I got the blanket last night and the LDR15 code worked, but it didn't work today when I ordered the wall hanging and the box ? maybe they caught on or has anyone been able to use it today? I wonder if any of the merch profits are being donated like with the book. I think she originally said 100% of the book proceeds would go to that Native American water fund but it seems that's maybe changed. It's crazy how a couple years ago it was going to be $1 for something super simplistic and now it's like all these different vinyl editions and special merch and has become such a huge thing. I assume it wasn't all dropped at once with the vinyls because they wanted to wait til we got paid and had a break, thus spending more than we would have if it was all available at the same time. Or maybe it was a later decision when they saw the opportunity to make more money during the down time between the new album and next poetry book. Which kind of gives me anxiety and excitement thinking of all the merch that will come next year with the second poetry book plus the new album. I hope the merch doesn't end up like the TS store where it's just way, way, way too much shit

Someone on Reddit said that it can tell if you've used the code before and it only works once.

1 minute ago, White Hot Forever said:

Someone on Reddit said that it can tell if you've used the code before and it only works once.

Well, shit. Maybe if they restock I'll try it with making a new account and just request to cancel the previous order since it was backordered anyway so shouldn't be shipped soon. I know it's only like $20 savings but it makes me feel better knowing I got a "deal" lol 

It kind of reminds me of the NFR "Surf Shop" merchandise launch which I found to be a little underwhelming. I did end up buying a Cinnamon Girl hoodie.   But when it finally arrived like 7 million months after I ordered it, I'd already forgotten about it.  Then it didn't even fit me , so I ended up giving it to a friend of mine.    I wish the wooden box sets were signed or something if she's only doing a limited run of them.  I wish she would offer stuff like signed bookmarks and signed book plates for the poetry books.  Ben & Ed need to DM me for Merch ideas because honestly I have so many more ideas and yeah.  Come take my paycheck!  :hooker:

10 minutes ago, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

Well, shit. Maybe if they restock I'll try it with making a new account and just request to cancel the previous order since it was backordered anyway so shouldn't be shipped soon. I know it's only like $20 savings but it makes me feel better knowing I got a "deal" lol 

when everything was sold out earlier i ordered and forgot to add the code and immediately I contacted her team support and they responded “sorry ur order has been shipped we cant cancel it” i mean it was LITERALLY seconds after ordering it and they sent me a tracking number lol

:smile3:

1 minute ago, mypolaroidfrown said:

It kind of reminds me of the NFR "Surf Shop" merchandise launch which I found to be a little underwhelming. I did end up buying a Cinnamon Girl hoodie.   But when it finally arrived like 7 million months after I ordered it, I'd already forgotten about it.  Then it didn't even fit me , so I ended up giving it to a friend of mine.    I wish the wooden box sets were signed or something if she's only doing a limited time of them.  I wish she would offer stuff like signed bookmarks and signed book plates for the poetry books.  Ben & Ed need to DM me for Merch ideas because honestly I have so many more ideas and yeah.  Come get my paycheck!  :hooker:

Even if they weren't signed.. your merch ideas are great. Honestly I bought the box because I have the money and feel like I'll regret not getting it later and I can probably sell it for retail if I change my mind, though I doubt I will because it is a pretty unique item even if I'm not totally in love with it (yet). I already collect antique boxes so it's somewhat fitting, and I do like the quote "you don't want to be forgotten, you just want to disappear" even though I only halfway relate because I want both to be forgotten and to disappear.?

2 minutes ago, UltraviolenceBaby said:

when everything was sold out earlier i ordered and forgot to add the code and immediately I contacted her team support and they responded “sorry ur order has been shipped we cant cancel it” i mean it was LITERALLY seconds after ordering it and they sent me a tracking number lol

Wow. Ok I don't think I'll try that then haha

Well honestly I already did I guess - last night I forgot to use the code so I reordered the blanket using the discount, then emailed right away asking them to cancel the first order, and they still haven't responded yet. So that's pretty crazy they got back to you so fast. I haven't received any shipping info yet either but maybe they'll try to ship out before answering. I'll probably be able to sell it if I end up with an extra though

4 minutes ago, chemtrailsovertrailerpark said:

Even if they weren't signed.. your merch ideas are great. Honestly I bought the box because I have the money and feel like I'll regret not getting it later and I can probably sell it for retail if I change my mind, though I doubt I will because it is a pretty unique item even if I'm not totally in love with it (yet). I already collect antique boxes so it's somewhat fitting, and I do like the quote "you don't want to be forgotten, you just want to disappear" even though I only halfway relate because I want both to be forgotten and to disappear.?

Thank you!  and I totally agree with you! I love collecting things like this and the box is right up my alley. I really hope she does another box like this for the COCC release! She could put little Midwestern mementos into the box, a CD copy of the album, perhaps postcards representing some of the places she's visited over the past year, incense, stones, and other little trinkets and mementos. I think if the box came with a CD copy of the album, that would be the icing on the cake.  I like the idea of having something physical to help set the mood for the album. I grew up purchasing CDs and physical items and I really feel like the digital era is lacking that sense of having something physical to hold in my hands, something that really sets the tone and sets the mood for sitting down and listening to an album all the way through for the first time. I'm really looking forward to receiving the Forgotten Vibes box and hopefully the sales of this merch will prompt them to do something similar for whenever COCC is released ❤️

34 minutes ago, mypolaroidfrown said:

It kind of reminds me of the NFR "Surf Shop" merchandise launch which I found to be a little underwhelming. I did end up buying a Cinnamon Girl hoodie.   But when it finally arrived like 7 million months after I ordered it, I'd already forgotten about it.  Then it didn't even fit me , so I ended up giving it to a friend of mine.    I wish the wooden box sets were signed or something if she's only doing a limited run of them.  I wish she would offer stuff like signed bookmarks and signed book plates for the poetry books.  Ben & Ed need to DM me for Merch ideas because honestly I have so many more ideas and yeah.  Come take my paycheck!  :hooker:

signed book plates would be so awesome! sigh

aOaIzH2.gif