Elle

Violet Bent Backwards Over the Grass Merch Drop

Look I understand collecting vinyl, well designed t-shirts, even her bad (imo) poetry but that box is a clear as day rip-off :smokes3:  I dread to think of how much it actually cost to produce and the mark up. 

Edit- I've done some research and looked up each product that is close as possible to the actual contents. To be fair I've tried looking for the cheapest option aswell whilst being an actual decent product. Details in the spoiler.

Spoiler

The most expensive thing is the actual oak box itself since its sustainable. Some go for £70. However a similar looking product sells for a better price of £25.00 - https://www.centralcrafts.com/gb/bark-extra-large-natural-handmade-keepsake-box?curr=gbp&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4AAl5ggFKcRLHsz91E1l-CdNOSyqKnjiB_OcnGMqih8i3_62lFW2MYcaAjW1EALw_wcB

The Heart Shaped Selenite can vary depending on quality and size, however there's one here selling for £4.50- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Selenite-Carved-Heart-Smooth-Polished-Crystal-Small-30mm/274331437805?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338364430&customid=274331437805_1&toolid=11000&pageci=f20001c9-6f57-4b70-8357-6ed18a65c208

The All Natural Santal Candle that's much bigger and has a much longer burn time is £17.99 on offer - https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/home/home-accessories/candles+home-fragrance/candles/bois-de-santal-scented-candle/p/82151533?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=OrganicShopping&utm_campaign=GoogleShopping&utm_term=8215153311111&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4AD0GquYwA7zJoVse63gcfSsrtHd_oGtJEENjIbtzYdMOaQ_iBVzjmEaAujnEALw_wcB

You can buy matchbox anywhere but if you want to be pretentious as fuck and have something real classy here's some for £6.00 -- https://www.chaseandwonder.com/products/the-enchanted-forest-luxury-matches?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4AAQ7vqUyr2Qa67xqgBjnZhS0nDA6aezvA4gogDreEWrXk0FA9nblYcaAgDCEALw_wcB

You can buy 12 yes 12 Palo Santo Incense Sticks for £1.49 here - https://www.thepsychictree.co.uk/products/palo-santo-satya-incense-sticks?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-rj9BRCAARIsANB_4ABTDKHmNtuwX2OM3fG3vbbgY58dOsi-qIZNgbL39QhYULT7NKHGdOoaAh1TEALw_wcB

So the products all together cost - £54.99. Now let's say shipping for the box is £5.00 and the rest is, say £2.50. So that would be £15.00. So the total cost would be £70.00. 

Thats still better than buying the ACTUAL BOX and you'd be supporting smaller sellers and businesses. This is just some tat put together with Lana's name slapped on it. In fact some of the products are of better quality and higher quantity. 

Edited by Macintosh Manhattan

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

43 minutes ago, new gods said:

the way she just made like $10k from a wooden box

She’s a genius...probably laughing her way to the bank. No wonder she delayed COCC...leave em high and dry make em spend more. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

I totally wasn't expecting her to drop merch for Violet at all but it's so cute! (although kinda overpriced...)

But I'm really happy because my boyfriend got me the rose sweatshirt as a gift since I'm broke right now :ohno: 

I kinda want to get the violet hoodie too so I hope it doesn't sell out before I get paid again haha

I want the blanket so bad but i’m allergic to synthetic fabrics and i doubt it’s 100% cotton/wool 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Luckily Lana's music is amazing because if it was anything like her merch, I would have stopped being a fan a long time ago.

Her merch has always been tacky, ugly and expensive. This is no different. Just give me the music and poetry books Lana. :hellno:

2 hours ago, TRENCH said:

didnt know taylor del rey dropped a second wave of folklore merch 

also those shirts are ridiculously expensive for sharpie drawings

I know. You can make your own designs. Just go to Michaels. Anyone would be insane to buy anything of this stuff for that price.

Just now, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I know. You can make your own designs. Just go to Michaels. Anyone would be insane to buy anything of this stuff for that price.

there is something very wrong when i follow over 20 small graphic design artists IG accounts that would do 9999x better than what a lot of these artists have been releasing as merch lately 

9 hours ago, xxmissdaytonaxx said:

wait are they seriously only selling 100 of each item?? how do you know??? :trisha:

dom put 9999 of each item in his basket and when he did it would tell you want the in stock quantity was. he did it just as the merch was announced and figured everything that wasn’t shirts and hoodies were limited to about 100.

she might restock but it also says it’s a “christmas collection” which we’ve never seen before for lana stuff, so maybe they won’t. they definitely won’t restock post christmas so maybe just one restock and that’s it. or maybe they actually want it to be limited so they won’t restock, but the site doesn’t specifically claim any of this is limited.

it’s a 50/50 waiting game to see if it restocks basically.