Elle

Summertime (The Gershwin Version) - Single: OUT NOW - November 19th, 2020

Lana Del Rey has just released Summertime (The Gershwin Version) as the first single from her upcoming American Standards & Classics album the is set to release this December.

50621768258_7efdac769f_o.jpg

Previous OP:

Spoiler

A reliable insider has just revealed that 'Summertime' (George Gershwin cover), the first single from Lana Del Rey's upcoming American Standards & Classics cover album, will be released tomorrow, November 19th, at 7pm EST.

The single is said to have a length of 3:06 and features a 70s-inspired cover art featuring her friends and bandmates.

Original version:

Edited by Elle
updated with release

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Really interested to hear how she will perform this, considering the original orchestration and vocal range. :excited:

12 minutes ago, suicideblonde said:

Isn’t summertime similar in melody and lyrics to Doin Time? 

Doin Time samples the opening vocal melody and lyrics of Summertime.

For anyone not aware, it's actually originally from an opera called Porgy and Bess. 

3lfQEhw.png

52 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

really excited for this! :party: 

me too!!! Hoping Lana leans into the jazz w this cover but regardless I’m sure I’ll enjoy it 

8 minutes ago, katebusho said:

i love that she's exploring her vocal potencial these times :wub: also i'm a little worried about the production considering how fast they've done it..

sometimes I think Lana does some of her best stuff when it’s a faster process and she doesn’t have too much time to think

aOaIzH2.gif