Elle

Summertime (The Gershwin Version) - Single: OUT NOW - November 19th, 2020

56 minutes ago, AScarletStarlet said:

Am I the only one who feels that this song doesn't really fit Lana? Like I can't picture her covering/singing this, it feels too jazzy???

I usually have faith in her cover skills, the Other Woman is a jazz song also, I couldn't see her covering Season of the Witch but she did it well imo

sgopYhV.gif

I love the Janis Joplin version, I truly hope she does it similar to her, where it’s kind of in your face and scream dreamy

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Summertime has always been a fave song of mine. I'm so fucking boosted to hear Lana's rendition and for this full covers album ? if we're getting tracks like this and Patsy Cline, I'm 100% already sold. I'm kinda hoping we get an official physical release now. I'd love to have a covers album on vinyl ❤

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

this is also a rly interesting decision though to launch two eras concurrently? I'm intrigued to see what the visuals will look like for both of the albums and how much they'll differ.

Really hope she includes that cover of For Free by Joni Mitchell she performed with Zella Day and Weyes Blood though :-0

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, AScarletStarlet said:

Am I the only one who feels that this song doesn't really fit Lana? Like I can't picture her covering/singing this, it feels too jazzy???

I imagine it could sound a bit like this version of Young & Beautiful, which is honestly my favourite version of the song - 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I’m completely positive she’s going to add (even if a slight) Lana twist to the songs she covers and make them her own. 

her best songs are the ones produced quickly without her sitting on them long

"Don’t forget me"

17 minutes ago, Nikogo said:

I’m completely positive she’s going to add (even if a slight) Lana twist to the songs she covers and make them her own. 

her best songs are the ones produced quickly without her sitting on them long

Agree, The less time Lana has to grow uncomfortable with things she’s made, the better. She’s always been an impulsive genius!

Spoiler

Until the QFTC era :eartha2:

Spoiler

:ma:

the way i wont know any of these songs so i'm pretending they're all brand new original songs from her we won :trisha:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I imagine it could sound a bit like this version of Young & Beautiful, which is honestly my favourite version of the song - 

Man Lana's Gatsby era was so amazing 

I think it's one of my favourite things she's done. It was more than a single song contributed to a film, it became a whole central element, she was fully absorbed into a world where she would absolutely exist in herself. Everything was perfect 

FmgKWb8.gif?1     HNqlJGD.gif

Just now, Fat Mike said:

Darn it. So I have to pay for it? 

I would think that it will most definitely make it to youtube if you don’t have a subscription to either streaming platform! tomorrow she will probably add the audio of the single to her yt channel 

51 minutes ago, bel air rose said:

she said she’s releasing it digitally so through spotify/apple music 

speaking of this, isn’t she physically releasing that cover for the soundtrack soon? 

what if this release tomorrow turns out to be that :toofloppy:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole