Elle

Summertime (The Gershwin Version) - Single: OUT NOW - November 19th, 2020

1 minute ago, takeitdoen said:

The PRODUCTION IS OUT OF THIS WORLD AMAZING. 

The band on the track is incredible!! I literally can't write any intelligent critique because I just love it all!!!

This. This is exactly how I feel. Not that I've ever been eloquent on here, but words escape me. I forgot that this woman is a sorceress of atmosphere. The band and especially her backup singers make this such an ace.

Totally random in terms of its feel-anyone ever seen or heard of Over The Garden Wall? I get that vibe from this version.

So much depth and soul in this amazing cover. I was left starved after NFR, but now I'm full to the brim. Can't wait to hear the whole record. :dance:

this exceeded all of my expectations jesus

this covers album is going to slap. her voice is outstanding on this song. i agree that it definitely seems like she had vocal classes or something because wow.

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

my first listen it didn’t totally sink in but now i’m obsessed. her voice sounds so sultry and powerful :trisha:

even though I absolutely love the visuals like she looked AMAZING i think listening to the song alone is a whole other experience. i imagine lizzy grant/ young lana with her strawberry blonde curls singing to a small group of people like she used to, somewhere in nyc

i know lana can pull off any genre but we need a full jazz album 

Love it. 

The vocals (the notes and the vibrato in particular) remind me of The Man I Love:

Especially the parts where she sings “I wanna fly”

Does anyone think the Daddy and Mammy line was kind of weird? Is that the original lyric? Is Mammy an offensive term? I could be completely wrong. I have heard the term used offensively, but that doesn't necessarily make it offensive. Just wondering, I genuinely don't know. 

12 minutes ago, LimelightDelight said:

Does anyone think the Daddy and Mammy line was kind of weird? Is that the original lyric? Is Mammy an offensive term? I could be completely wrong. I have heard the term used offensively, but that doesn't necessarily make it offensive. Just wondering, I genuinely don't know. 

I see what you’re saying, and it could be. I think mammy is either an offensive stereotype or it refers to a mother, but I’m not sure what it means here. But I also don’t imagine the philharmonic would have asked her to cover this song if it was going to be a bad look.