Elle

Summertime (The Gershwin Version) - Single: OUT NOW - November 19th, 2020

22 minutes ago, HydroponicWeeds said:

speaking of this, isn’t she physically releasing that cover for the soundtrack soon? 

what if this release tomorrow turns out to be that :toofloppy:

you’ll never walk alone? 

I know that comes out dec 4th or 1st I cant remember. i’m honestly surprised that wasnt the lead single for the cover album  

10 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

lana using a Billie Holiday-esque trash selfie cover for an original song from her highly anticipated NFR followup but using a high budget serve for a cover song taken from a lowkey release is just.... smh

bullying works. we should thank the insta gays

The original song began playing and all I could hear in my head was Lana's "Doin' Time" cover.

Why did she choose to release a summer song in fall, right before winter?

Regardless, I'm excited!!!

11 hours ago, Dominikx4 said:

lana using a Billie Holiday-esque trash selfie cover for an original song from her highly anticipated NFR followup but using a high budget serve for a cover song taken from a lowkey release is just.... smh

I'm not even capable of thinking this way anymore

It's just me Lana and no expectations when it comes to logic with her :eek2:

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

5 hours ago, bel air rose said:

you’ll never walk alone? 

I know that comes out dec 4th or 1st I cant remember. i’m honestly surprised that wasnt the lead single for the cover album  

That's because You'll never walk alone is for another project, Liverpool FC's documentary.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, lanasgirl said:

The original song began playing and all I could hear in my head was Lana's "Doin' Time" cover.

Because she is fucking crazy, but she is free. :troll:

3 hours ago, Icecream Icequeen said:

Lana releases a single called summertime at the end of November

Most of us: :stareney:

Australians: :illumilana2: Summertimeeeee and the livin's easy :illumilana2:

Ikr it's definitely for the Southern Hemispherians 

Inb4 she tours Australia and NZ this summer because we basically have no rona

A dream

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

1 hour ago, lanasgirl said:

Because she's latina :smokes:

I could care less about the cover. Lana's voice will make the track shine. This is a standard that has been done a million times and the melody is perfect for her. This isn't some high school kid at a talent show. It's Lana Del Rey!!!!!

12 hours ago, caughtuboy said:

this is also a rly interesting decision though to launch two eras concurrently? I'm intrigued to see what the visuals will look like for both of the albums and how much they'll differ.

Really hope she includes that cover of For Free by Joni Mitchell she performed with Zella Day and Weyes Blood though :-0

I don't know if this was all a well thought out "decision". More likely Lana crashing into herself as usual. 6 months after covid-19 is gone she'll probably have "Born to Die" masks for sale.

One of my fav versions of Summertime:

so excited to be getting another Lana track so soon after LMLYLAW! I know this fall if not the CoCC era we wanted/were expecting but tbh I’ll take random singles over radio silence every single time!

aOaIzH2.gif

5 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said: 

so excited to be getting another Lana track so soon after LMLYLAW! I know this fall if not the CoCC era we wanted/were expecting but tbh I’ll take random singles over radio silence every single time!

i completely agree! Plus it’s more than just random singles, it’s a whole album :wub: would I have liked to jam to COTCC sep 5th like she said? Yes, 100%! But we just got an audiobook album/poetry book, buzz single for the album, and a whole new album coming in a little over a month! 

It’s strange to me that people aren’t more exited about this. Hopefully once COTCC releases and everyone who is annoyed/frustrated over everything happening currently, they’ll come back to this album. 

also, as an American, don’t take the ‘American classics’ so literally :rip: I probably haven’t heard any of the songs she’s covering and music (overall) doesn’t have a geographic location (patriotic/national pride songs aside, but that’s not what she’s covering) saying ‘American Classics’ is incredibly on brand for her, but shouldn’t be taken as literally as some are taking it 

"Don’t forget me"