Elle

Summertime (The Gershwin Version) Music Video: OUT NOW - November 19th, 2020

The song is great as expected but I wasn't expecting that video at all! 

She's looking hot and like she's having a lot of fun. 

Loved the vocals, simple yet beautiful. Can she drop a 7" picture disc of this? Lmao

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Oh. My. God. As someone who's never loved the blonde on her, I've been blessed and have changed my mind :ohno: She looks amaaaazing. How does she look more and more beautiful over time, seriously? Just stunning. And that first "summertime" note slayed right away. :makeup:

What a surprise. From the first notes with the background singers I knew I would love it. It immediately gave me Thunder vibes. I think they are so complementary with her voice. Maybe part of the cover album is some of the covers she did with the Last Shadow Puppets during that period.

The higher register of her voice fits the Jazz aesthetics so much better than the her more somber one (wich I absolutely love on her songs, but I love the change for that projet). She seems to be willing to explore her range more on her recent covers. I wonder if this will show on COCC or if she only allows to get outside of her aesthetics because it's covers.
The musiciens, the production, everything is on point. I would love to see more of that on COCC.

I also love how this video is really carefree and she doesn't seem to take herself seriously (I mean with Chuck playing a fake instrument). She really seems happy. More than she've ever been. She looks great.

I love how she's covering the original song that inspired the other cover she did (that's probably the reason why she calls it the Gershing version). It's suits Lana's self referential lyrics habits. Maybe she could do a mashup on next tour. 

6 hours ago, Turtledove said:

Omg guys,,, I think she may have a baby on the way. If its true you heard it from me first. When I watched this I just got that feeling that she may be expecting. She has that "glow" and her face is plump, Im not saying she looks fat she just looks like she has conceived. She looks very beautiful. Idk if this is weird of me to say but did anyone else get that feeling in this video?:gasp:

Lana is a virgin. Leave her alone. :sideeye: