Beautiful Loser

Grammys 2021

4x3_canvas_black.jpg?itok=m-jmtlmc

The nominees for all categories were announce a couple of hours ago, and you can find them all here.

Album of the year

• CHILOMBO - Jhené Aiko
  • BLACK PUMAS (DELUXE EDITION) - Black Pumas
  • EVERYDAY LIFE - Coldplay
  • DJESSE VOL.3 - Jacob Collier
  • WOMEN IN MUSIC PT. III - HAIM
  • FUTURE NOSTALGIA - Dua Lipa
  • HOLLYWOOD'S BLEEDING - Post Malone
  • FOLKLORE - Taylor Swift

Record of the year

• BLACK PARADE - Beyoncé
  • COLORS - Black Pumas
  • ROCKSTAR -DaBaby Featuring Roddy Ricch
  • SAY SO - Doja Cat
  • EVERYTHING I WANTED - Billie Eilish
  • DON'T START NOW - Dua Lipa
  • CIRCLES - Post Malone
  • SAVAGE - Megan Thee Stallion Featuring Beyoncé

Song of the year

• Black parade
  • The box
  • Cardigan
  • Circles
  • Don’t start now
  • Everything I wanted
  • I can’t breathe
  • If the world was ending

Let’s discuss! :party:

First, I’m happy to see Folklore and Future Nostalgia, the albums and their songs, getting nominations - well deserved! :) I’ve been listening to the albums frequently this year, and I wasn’t even close to being a fan of either artists before.

Second, I’m a little surprised to see Justin Bieber get nominated for Yummy (which we all know sucks) and The Weeknd not being nominated for anything. Blinding Lights has topped charts for almost a full year (!) and while I don’t think his album was perfect, I don’t think it was too bad either. I think he could’ve gotten at least one nomination. Same for Nicki Minaj, her songs were charting on Billboard as well... oh well.

Third, I know a lot of you liked Fiona Apple’s album so congrats to you and her! I tried to listen to it when it dropped but it was too alternative to me... I think. Maybe I didn’t listen too closely, I was probably working on something on the side.

Also, I first heard Doja two years ago, it was her Mooo! and I couldn’t take the song seriously. The lyrics! The music video! It was just too funny to me! I didn’t think she was interested in getting far but hey, look at her today! A Grammy nominee, that ain’t so bad! :)

(A bit disappointed that Lana wasn’t nominated for best spoken word album tho)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Taylor better win for Album of the Year. Also tbh even tho i don’t like Doja, Say So truly was the song of the year 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

The Grammys are totally corrupt, how the fuck did Beyoncé get 9 nominations and Mustin Bieber...and The Weeknd zero. I’m not watching it next year, after this year it was bad enough but it’s the final straw for me.  Billie got nominated for mediocre songs again.  

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

How did Yummy from the washed up white canadian boy get any nominations considering how badly it was received by the GP and critics? :eartha:

Something suspicious is going on here. Abel deserved so many nominations yet was snubbed. He delivered a well crafted critically acclaimed album and era, along with one of the best singles of 2020. Yet still this wasn't enough.

Yeah fuck them 

Spoiler

Poor Gaga aswell. She deserved more that two but at least she got something. Also I'm happy Dua got six. I didn't think Miss Lipa would get so many. 

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I haven't forgiven the Grammys for not giving NFR the recognition it deserved. I used to hold the Grammys in such high regards, but I'm really starting to think they are a scam, like people have been saying for years. It's a popularity contest and whichever Record Company pays the most $$$ under the table gets the votes. It really saddens me tbh

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

1 minute ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

who tf nominated yummy :oprah2:

Clearly someone that needs to clean thier ears out :bye::gasp:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

5 minutes ago, new gods said:

i don’t think the weeknd submitted anything but this has got to be one of the least interesting grammy noms considering all the great music that was released this year 

Why do you think his album and songs weren’t submitted?

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

not justin throwing a fit cause his bandwagon trap album didn’t get categorized correctly when there are authentic r&b artists who got snubbed

5 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Why do you think his album and songs weren’t submitted?

i just found out apparently he submitted everything like 2 months ago and people are speculating they snubbed him cause he submitted to pop categories 

i love you, but you don't understand me.

3 minutes ago, new gods said:

not justin throwing a fit cause his bandwagon trap album didn’t get categorized correctly when there are authentic r&b artists who got snubbed

i just found out apparently he submitted everything like 2 months ago and people are speculating they snubbed him cause he submitted to pop categories 

But... the album is pop...? I don’t get it. ._____.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

48 minutes ago, Mer said:

Taylor better win for Album of the Year. Also tbh even tho i don’t like Doja, Say So truly was the song of the year 

I love Taylor and folklore is in her top  but no she has 2 already 

19 minutes ago, lamms said:

justin bieber on his instagram :whoopi: the audacity, when he very clearly didn't deserve any nomination

Hide contents

126156144_208314990683976_46182102175062

his album is pop trap. He should be grateful that mediocrity even got a nomination... Jesus

15 minutes ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

him referring to his flop samsung ringtone album as "r&b"... :pls:

***Windows Phone 7 ringtones :godlaugh2:

5 minutes ago, new gods said:

so rascism is to dead at the GRAMMYs yet! ironic since they changed the names for "world music" and "urban contemporary"