Beautiful Loser

Grammys 2021

I'm incredibly proud of Dua. Future Nostalgia is a fantastic album and this whole era has just been flawless in every regard, I honestly can't remember the last time a pop artist gave us such a great era, with so much content, longevity, and just genuine passion for pop music; not to mention she managed to do so during a pandemic! So yeah, I think she really deserves Album of the Year... Fingers crossed! 

Beyoncé sweeping nominations left and right despite barely releasing anything this year is just highkey iconic, and I'm really happy for Megan, Doja, Fiona, and Taylor as well. I'm also glad Watermelon Sugar got two (minor) nominations, that song was just such an organic, slowly climbing hit and I think it's well deserved. And yeah, The Weeknd not getting any nominations at all is just baffling, especially when Justin Bieber's objectively bad music got nominated. Personally I wasn't that much into Abel's album, but you can't deny that Blinding Lights was one of the dominating songs of the last year, alongside Don't Start Now and Say So.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

get 'em x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

13 minutes ago, Elle said:

get 'em x

i think this is embarrassing omfg. the grammys don’t owe anyone anything. they’re shit every year it’s no different every single year when we sit back and let them snub all of our favourite female artists. idk why artists let this one award show genuinely get under their skin, i think everyone’s social media outbursts today have been really embarrassing, not just the weeknd  :/

31 minutes ago, Elle said:

get 'em x

Wait i didn't think he'd actually call 'em out. Mad respect. 

16 minutes ago, electra said:

i think this is embarrassing omfg. the grammys don’t owe anyone anything. they’re shit every year it’s no different every single year when we sit back and let them snub all of our favourite female artists. idk why artists let this one award show genuinely get under their skin, i think everyone’s social media outbursts today have been really embarrassing, not just the weeknd  :/

this. i respect the hustle tho i guess 

0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Twitter has been amusing so far. :creep:

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

1 hour ago, electra said:

I usually would agree, however his tweet didn't come off to me as "I deserve to nominated more than this people", more as "people should know the reason why I didn't get nominated", if the TMZ article is true, then it's truly a shady issue and he has every right to go off on them

8nl2OpX.png

folklore aoty lets manifest!

anyway still annoyed about nfr last year. im so sure in like 20 years no one will remember wwafahfahfg and nfr will be seen as a perfect classic. like idk pinkerton or something im not a boomer but you know what i mean

original.gif

Listening to HAIMs album and it’s actually good! I’m glad alt girlies are being exposed to the mass media and getting recognition. The list should have gone...

After Hours 

Folklore

Future Nostalgia

Fetch the Bolt Cutters 

Fine Line 

and the 3 other noms being whatever else

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, TheBoss said:

I usually would agree, however his tweet didn't come off to me as "I deserve to nominated more than this people", more as "people should know the reason why I didn't get nominated", if the TMZ article is true, then it's truly a shady issue and he has every right to go off on them

in fairness i wrote this before reading the TMZ article so this makes a lot more sense, but for the amount of female artists that got snubbed this year i still feel like i don’t care that much. woman ran absolute loops around men this year. his album is literally one of the only notable albums released by a man in 2020.

i still don’t think the grammys as such a be all end all that “him and his fans are owed explanation”. the grammys have always been corrupt, just look at billie’s wins. it’s funny how the grammys are only corrupt when it affects a man and not fiona apple, or rina sawayama or fka twigs who all arguably had better albums and from the looks of their social media took the rejection with 10,000x more grace.

if this was about some underlying problems with the grammys, he should have said that, not that a superficial award show “owes him”.

sorry that turned into a bit of a rant LMAO.

44 minutes ago, electra said:

in fairness i wrote this before reading the TMZ article so this makes a lot more sense, but for the amount of female artists that got snubbed this year i still feel like i don’t care that much. woman ran absolute loops around men this year. his album is literally one of the only notable albums released by a man in 2020.

i still don’t think the grammys as such a be all end all that “him and his fans are owed explanation”. the grammys have always been corrupt, just look at billie’s wins. it’s funny how the grammys are only corrupt when it affects a man and not fiona apple, or rina sawayama or fka twigs who all arguably had better albums and from the looks of their social media took the rejection with 10,000x more grace.

if this was about some underlying problems with the grammys, he should have said that, not that a superficial award show “owes him”.

Couldn't agree more. Just compare what he wrote to what Sevdaliza wrote on her story on Instagram (for example). 

He isn't wrong tho but it really came off a lil bit childish, ngl. 

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

4 minutes ago, sweetlikecinnam0n said:

Couldn't agree more. Just compare what he wrote to what Sevdaliza wrote on her story on Instagram (for example). 

He isn't wrong tho but it really came off a lil bit childish, ngl. 

i know a lot of the weeknds fans will be on his side, and they totally have a right to be! but the amount of women that have lost awards to men over the years (literally any scenario where ed sheeran has won an award) and they’ve just had to take it with grace...idk maybe i’m just completely over the grammys. for me it’s less about being caught up in who didn’t get nominated or who didn’t win and just celebrating who did.

there are probably millions on millions of artists who deserve grammys more than the people actually nominated but for the millions of faceless acts no one acknowledged there always seems to be too many celebrity millionaires thinking their work is more valid because it charted.

who i WANT to win :party:

aoty: dua lipa - future nostalgia

roty: dua lipa - don't start now

soty: post malone - circles

bna: phoebe bridgers OR megan thee stallion

pop solo: harry styles - watermelon sugar

pop duo/group: lady gaga & ariana grande - rain on me

pop vocal album: harry styles - fine line

dance recording: kaytranada & kali uchis - 10%

dance/electronic album: arca - kick i

rock performance & rock song: fiona apple - shameika

best alternative: fiona apple - fetch the bolt cutters

traditional r&b: chloe x halle - wonder what she thinks of me

r&b song: chloe x halle - do it

progressive r&b album: chloe x halle - ungodly hour

rap performance & rap song: megan thee stallion - savage

rap melodic: travis scott - highest in the room

who i THINK will win :noparty:

aoty: taylor swift - folklore or someone really left field like jhené or jacob, grammy loves to throw curveballs (beck)

roty: doja cat - say so OR beyoncé - black parade

soty: taylor swift - cardigan OR billie eilish - everything i wanted (they love her it seems)

bna: doja cat

pop solo: doja cat - say so

pop duo/group: taylor swift & bon iver - exile

pop vocal album: dua lipa - future nostalgia

dance recording: kaytranada & kali uchis - 10%

dance/electronic album: disclosure - energy

rock performance & rock song: brittany howard - stay high

best alternative: brittany howard - jaime OR beck - hyperspace

traditional r&b: beyoncé - black parade

r&b song: beyoncé - black parade

progressive r&b album: jhené aiko - chilombo (weirdly nominated for aoty)

rap performance: megan thee stallion - savage

rap melodic & rap song: dababy & roddy rich - rockstar

I haven't been following the Grammys in years and looks like I haven't missed out on anything but a lackluster shit show. Blinding Lights has been the biggest track of the year and it didn't get even one nomination? Um okay.

2 hours ago, electra said:

It always gets me sad when a deserved artist gets snubbed, regardless of gender, but I agree 100% that a lot of women got absolutely snubbed, Fiona Apple for example, the fact that she didn't get an AOTY nomination while having submitted and having literally the most acclaimed album of the year is so unfair. Fiona, Twigs and JoJo are only a couple that I can think of from the top of my head.

I do "understand" however some of these snubs, I mean at the end we all know that this is a race, I do feel like some understimated their own work. Rina for example, didn't submitted SAWAYAMA to any category, wich was really dumb imo because she had a big chance to snatch a nomination. Twigs submitted Ego Death for Christ sake, a song that did literally ZERO sound, I mean Mary Magdalene was right there. Although both of them got snubbed in their rightful categories, Best New Artist and AOTY/BAA.

Some other incredible artists like Tinashe, blew all her chances when she submitted for AOTY instead of Best R&B Album.

As for The Weeknd I feel like more people are pissed at the fact that Blinding Lights (literally the SOTY) was ignored instead of his AOTY nomination, I mean After Hours is an AMAZING album but there's a couple albums that are nominated that are just better (Dua, Taylor, HAIM), and like always some that are not (Coldplay sweetie, you don't belong here).  His post (which was very late in the day) seemed fair to me, especially when the CEO talked about your lack of nominations early in the day and gave the most BS explanation ever when you know exactly the reason why you didn't get none.

8nl2OpX.png