LustForDelRey

Lana to be a musical guest on the Jimmy Fallon Show - December 14th, 2020

7 minutes ago, heroinmelodies said:

I actually like the Fallon video more than the actual music video :w8ing:

omg fuck you for reminding me that she dropped a “””””””music video””””””” for LMLYLAW. That shit is sooo fucking horrible to watch I had completely erased it from my mind. A stain on her videography. A STAIN! :ma:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

4 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

Omg some u need to chill NFR pre era was a mess and ended very well right? Just trust she have a plan

I know she does, she already told us the plan. It just seemed logical that would be the reason she'd promote anything right now. I'm not complaining, I don't know what I said that makes you think I even had any kind of bad reaction to her not promoting her covers album. I didn't say it bothers me lmao

14 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

The point is that SHE DONT CARE for charts dont care about fame so why she is perfoming in a TV program? Yes is a gift for us... and some of u are equal ou worst then the critics that did bad to her after SNL. It such a shame to have this kinda of content here  

We’re allowed to critic her as long as it’s justified and not derogatory. Doesn’t make us worse than 2012 critics

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

Finally had time to watch it.

I was hoping for a live performance video recorded and sent to the TV studio to air... I see this more as a music video they premiered on TV. She sounded perfect. I was also glad to see the choir ladies singing with her. (Bring them on tour, Lana! They're more fun to listen to than pre-recorded back vocals!)
I was going to say the instrumentals for this video was better than the single version but now that I'm listening to single... They're not very different at all, haha. I guess I haven't paid much attention to the single.

... Omg I completely forget she already has a video for LMLYLAW. I'm so disinterested in this era, aaaahhh, can't believe I forgot that.

Anyway, this was sweet, not what I expected but if she's ever performing on TV again, I hope it'll be a live performance and not this music video styled performance. She sounded good, her hair was flawless, her little crew around her look cute. :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

It was nice but pretty boring, just like the song. Nothing to make a fuss about - neither considering hype nor criticism. It's fair to say that she had better times as a performer, no need to get hostile about that.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

21 minutes ago, lustforlife said:

The point is that SHE DONT CARE for charts dont care about fame so why she is perfoming in a TV program? Yes is a gift for us... and some of u are equal ou worst then the critics that did bad to her after SNL. It such a shame to have this kinda of content here  

To be fair if charts weren’t considered Chemtrails wouldn’t have been been delayed in the first place. The whole reason they gave was because vinyl has to be able to ship day of release to count towards the charts 

anywho this was nice 

I just finished watching it for the 6th time and I really love her performance. I know it’s not live vocals but I’m happy that she stood out of her comfort zone and did something I thought she would never do again. Hope to see her soon performing somewhere else but actually with live vocals. 

giphy.gif

I loved the performance. Yeah it wasn’t live live, but that’s how tv performances used to always be. Back in the 60s, artists would have to record a “live” version of their song before tv performances then lip sync to it to avoid any mess-ups and to ensure the performers didn’t sing inappropriate lyrics. So in a way, it felt kinda like a throwback to old tv performances, which totally works for Lana. Plus she looked stunning and the back-up singers added so much to the song. I hope she had them added to Chemtrails last minute.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

I watched it again and  damn she looks so beautiful especially her face and the HAIR :lanahairflip2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

So... I am going to preface this by saying that I fucking LOVE Lana. She's my fave artist of all time... BUT that was such an anticlimactic performance that I'm totally gutted. Her outfit was not the most flattering tbh, though she looked gorgeous. LMLYLAW seems like such a filler track and seeing it in this context really anchors my sentiment. I was expecting something more than what was delivered ?

Coming off of that amazing Summertime cover and video, I was hoping for an Xmas song or something more. This was so forgettable...

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

Always thought LMLYLAW is a cute song but wheew rewatched the TV performance a couple times now and I'm LOVING this song right now. Can't stop listening to it...she really did that :oprah2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

7 hours ago, Kiki de Montparnasse said:

EpQbYqTXYAAL8uP?format=jpg&name=900x900

2020 MOOD! :thumb3: I about died of cringe hearing Jimmy Fallon say "let me love you like a woman" all serious-like. No thanks, Jimmy, please don't. :eek:

I LOVED Lana's updated Ride hair and sexy-country look. Also love the backup singers; they are true queens! :worship: Wish it had been a new song or any info on COCC, but it was a good tv comeback. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

Just woke up and finally got to watch. Not much to say that hasn’t already been said...extremely bummed it was basically a televised music video with lip synced studio vocals. Glad I didn’t stay up to watch.

Also I don’t get the argument of “that’s just how it’s done nowadays! Stop complaining!” Plenty of artists have actually (and obviously) SANG their songs over instrumentals for a pre-recorded performance and incorporated some kind of visual. See Dua Lipa’s Fallon performance as an example:

I know Lanz has anxiety about performing on tv, blah blah blah, but come on...sis could’ve had as many takes as she needed, and she chose to lip sync over studio vocals. :oprah3:

At least she looked cute 

giphy-1.gif 

10 minutes ago, Downtown Baby Doll said:

Just woke up and finally got to watch. Not much to say that hasn’t already been said...extremely bummed it was basically a televised music video with lip synced studio vocals. Glad I didn’t stay up to watch.

Also I don’t get the argument of “that’s just how it’s done nowadays! Stop complaining!” Plenty of artists have actually (and obviously) SANG their songs over instrumentals for a pre-recorded performance and incorporated some kind of visual. See Dua Lipa’s Fallon performance as an example:

I know Lanz has anxiety about performing on tv, blah blah blah, but come on...sis could’ve had as many takes as she needed, and she chose to lip sync over studio vocals. :oprah3:

At least she looked cute 

So you would rather she sat in her house and sang at her webcam.. Is what you’re saying 

Unpopular opinion -  I’d rather she sang live, she is a performer and artist. Part of a live performance is hearing her sing it live. Otherwise she’s just standing there lip synching which I don’t feel there is much point to.  So very underwhelming performance, I think I’d rather she did a cover song. The positives - at least she looked pretty.  

I think it’s ok to say you didn’t like something it doesn’t make you any less of a fan, we know Lana is sensitive but she doesn’t read this forum I’m pretty sure of it. I feel some of you sometimes only say positive comments  because you think Lana is gonna call you a fake fan or something. Lana not being able to handle criticism is her problem not ours. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance