LustForDelRey

Lana to be a musical guest on the Jimmy Fallon Show - December 14th, 2020

49 minutes ago, CruelViolet said:

So you would rather she sat in her house and sang at her webcam.. Is what you’re saying 

Honestly yes lol if I wanted to watch a polished music video I would just go on her YouTube channel. Part of the intrigue of peformances on talk shows is the intimate “live” factor with imperfect vocals, live instruments, etc.

Also you ask that as if sis isn’t singing in front of her iPhone in a car half the time, singing in front of a Macbook a la Lizzy Grant would be a step up at this point

giphy-1.gif 

1 hour ago, CruelViolet said:

So you would rather she sat in her house and sang at her webcam.. Is what you’re saying 

It wouldn’t necessarily have to be a bad video if she did!

(Although this is a music video with studio vocals and music, I get that.)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 12/8/2020 at 3:36 AM, Electric Body said:

It's a cover. It's an old song. It was frequently performed by artists like Nina Simone, Billie Holiday  or Ella Fitzgerald. Don't be worse than the fake-woke Twitter-Stan-community

This is more of a historical not “fake-woke” Twitter issue though lol the song and the show it was in (Porgy and Bess, argued by some to be a minstrel show) has been controversial in some circles since it was created, especially during the Civil Rights era. I mean it’s whatever because it’s been covered by so many artists but please try not reducing it to “fake-woke Twitter,” there’s literally valid history behind its controversy. 

sgopYhV.gif

18 minutes ago, JehovahThikness said:

This is more of a historical not “fake-woke” Twitter issue though lol the song and the show it was in (Porgy and Bess, argued by some to be a minstrel show) has been controversial in some circles since it was created, especially during the Civil Rights era. I mean it’s whatever because it’s been covered by so many artists but please try not reducing it to “fake-woke Twitter,” there’s literally valid history behind its controversy. 

Thats true but most of the Twitter-stan-community is just about the outrage and  indignation and will grasp for every straw that may offer them the possibility to adapt some holier-than-thou-attitude. They are about hostility and not about the actual topics. And that's what I consider faux-woke

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

18 minutes ago, Electric Body said:

Thats true but most of the Twitter-stan-community is just about the outrage and  indignation and will grasp for every straw that may offer them the possibility to adapt some holier-than-thou-attitude. They are about hostility and not about the actual topics. And that's what I consider faux-woke

Are people even complaining about it on Twitter though?

sgopYhV.gif

Yawn... it’s not a performance if the vocals aren’t live. Just when I thought we couldn’t get lazier. Miley has sang every covid era performance live with ease. In no world should Lana, a singer who just stands there ever lip sync a performance. 

i LOVED it. i could only watch it today cuz of working so my dad recorded it last night for me, but omg there's something so sweet about seeing her on live TV. she looked amazing. and it was a good choice to bring in the back-up singers. such a cute performance. :wub:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

2 hours ago, LemonadeHeavens said:

i actually liked her outfit :judgingu:

i liked the outfit but love seeing her do diff. looks so was disappointed to see her recycling a tour outfit (that she wore several times on tour). she looked great tho!

aOaIzH2.gif

I LOVED her performance and her hair and her outfit so much. That leather co-ord was one of my favourite looks from the NFR tour and I love that she was wearing those cowboy boots she picked up at the Wild Rose boutique in the summer! 

I wonder if she re-recorded it recently or if some of the vocal takes were just outtakes from the OG recording session for LMLYLAW, with the background singers added! Especially with the “90 miles” lyric change and the filler “like a woman” improvisation between the first chorus and second verse! 

Either way, I loved it so much, everything was on point and I actually love this performance-style of video that she’s done with both this and Summertime! <3