LustForDelRey

Lana to be a musical guest on the Jimmy Fallon Show - December 14th, 2020

42 minutes ago, electra said:

i literally jumped out of bed omfg a TV PERFORMANCE!!! WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE HAD A TV PERFORMANCE!!!

TV's were still in black and white back then

1 minute ago, Redhydrangeas99 said:

What? :noparty:

Nothing too in your face, but it does borrow verbiage from spirituals.  I KNOW it’s a old song too.

I love the cover, her featuring Tata Vega is also awesome. I guess it’s just the question for the culture still getting discussed in the media that’s making me extra cautious? 

3 minutes ago, dayayo said:

I’ll also add, summertime has some racially insensitive lyrics and I hope it’s not that song.... I do love her cover.

^this. Twitter will have a field day if she covers Summertime, and You’ll Never Walk Alone is vocally the more impressive choice imo (even if it’s not the most interesting track). 

Hell, maybe we’ll get lucky and get an unheard COCC track, but that feels a little unlikely

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

LMAO imagine the 14th comes & we’re all waiting intently for the performance & all we hear is, “Sylvia...”:thumb3:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

3 minutes ago, PatentLeatherDoOver said:

^this. Twitter will have a field day if she covers Summertime, and You’ll Never Walk Alone is vocally the more impressive choice imo (even if it’s not the most interesting track). 

Hell, maybe we’ll get lucky and get an unheard COCC track, but that feels a little unlikely

Exactly. I’m southern myself, and we’ve had a come to Jesus, so to speak, about this and an couple other songs written in that era in black voice.

So excited  for her TV performance & at same time I'm kinda nervous:raven:

Hoping for a small interview in which she talks about COTCC & the covers album..maybe about her YNWA cover as well

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, spencertmartin said:

Honestly id prefer a cover of Summertime than you'll never walk alone, especially since she did that gorgeous video of her with the band and backup singers -itd be amazing

Imagine the back up singers would be part of the TV performance...this would be a serve!!!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

28 minutes ago, dayayo said:

? it’ll YNWA. Gonna do all that acapella  and get some GOOD headlines. Probably with a certain cities choir and have an announcement of the charity funds she’s donated for the cause.

Byron retweeted with „tune in” so i doubt it will be acapella. 

giphy.gif

i just know she'll get dragged for covering summertime 

let me manifest she'll just perform silent night or a christmas carol of some sort because their OG musical act dipped out on short notice 

i76mrxw.png 

1 hour ago, dayayo said:

I’ll also add, summertime has some racially insensitive lyrics and I hope it’s not that song.... I do love her cover.

It's a cover. It's an old song. It was frequently performed by artists like Nina Simone, Billie Holiday  or Ella Fitzgerald. Don't be worse than the fake-woke Twitter-Stan-community

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!