Sign in to follow this  
domandapiano

SoulsBorne Games

Thought I’d make a thread for discussion/news/info regarding the soulsborne games made by FromSoftware, or any game that draws upon this series for gameplay inspiration! These games include but are not limited to:

-Demon’s Souls (as well as the remake) 

-Dark Souls 1/2/3

-Bloodborne

-Sekiro

-Elden Ring (the upcoming FromSoftware epic) 

TGA is tomorrow and I’m hoping and praying that they release info on Elden Ring. It’s my most anticipated game and it’s been over a year since the announcement and it’s been Crickets since then. 

Anyways, I’ve played all of these games and I was wondering if anyone else round these parts like a good challenge as well! 

i've never played a souls game but i would really like to! i should get it on switch. i remember there was a section dedicated to bloodborne at the v&a videogames exhibition in london and they had some of the original sketchbooks under glass. some of the most beautifully done concept work for a game. i loved the way you could a lot of them were sketches from tiny sketchbooks they had used in cafe's or on public transport. it was really a lovely thing to see, it kind of adds an extra layer of thought and care to the process of creating a game when you can tell the developers love working on it so much.

DS1 is superior just for the level design fight me + blighttown is overhated so is bed of chaos :hooker:

i love all of the games that came after, especially sekiro but i just WISH that fromsoft would redo the magnificent level design of ds1
c7kSov.gif

do you ever just... gaze at horizons?

original.gif

I put like 50-60 hours into Bloodborne and still have just now

Spoiler

got past beating Rom

(mostly because I'm a pussy and get wayyyyyy over-leveled etc. before trying any of the bosses) tbh I probably spent my whole first 15-20 hours of gameplay going through the first village level/Yarhnam area over and over and over just to "get good" at how the battle mechanics work etc. but needless to say it is one of my favorite video games I've ever played and I probably have watched dozens of youtube lore videos etc. honestly all of the SoulsBorne lore videos on Youtube going through all of the smallest details/story archs is so neat and fascinating. :gclap::legend:

5.11.14 // 9.20.14 // 6.11.15 // 6.13.15 // 6.14.15 // 1.26.18 // 9.21.19