Sign in to follow this  
Moo

Reviewing every version of Les Champs-Elysées

HELLO, This the the Official thread for reviewing Les Champs-Elysées. Its the best song ever but its in french so I dont know what its about, I think france. :deadbanana::deadbanana:

The Original: By Joe Dassin, its a cute version, particularly for a guy who wears leather jackets, youd expect him to be riding bikes but here he is singin a song for you whata gent, HAS Cool train sounds. VIDEO DOES NOT CONTAIN THE JACKET :crossed:

SPOTIFY VERSIONS:

Bobby Charles - BAD does not song like the song at all, he is drunk I think, or possibly creeping at cafes for free croissants, NO GOOD DONT LISTEN

Red Army Choir version with Joe - COOL, not sure if they are soviets singing, but they are very good, has a BIG sound that makes you want to go on adventures.

Pomplamoose version - YES, this is a very good version, the girl singing commands her band like a steely queen, but also fun.

Chantal Chamberland - CLASSY, yes this is very classy, you need to drink champagne, be stylish and live in an 80s RomCom while listening to this.

Les Stentors version - UMM, maybe avoid this one, sounds like they would annoy you while trying to enjoy a nice dinner, RUDE, get on your bikes and sing yourselves home!

Sympathique version - OK, an inoffensive take on the song, not particularly great or bad, good background music for fancy cafe. LATTE PLEASE Misuuuu, WEEEEEE.

Hélène Ségara - CUTE, mmmmm this is a cute version, its got dingelly bells and kittens propoobl;y, I like it.

Vincent Heden - EH, its ok, but does not stand out, you could do better in the area of Les Champs-Elysées covers.

CLÉMENTINE - WHAT?, no.

Justyna - NOPE, this guy needs to go home and not sing again, he sound like a horny muskox in bag of lemons.

Féloche - COWBOYS, Ooo a cowboy version, I think.. anyway this is ok, I could jam to this on a dark night in the ally.

Mario Pelchat - YEAH, basic but its groovy, you could get groovy with this on a lil scooter in a 2006 indi movie.

Ellen ten Damme - OH YES, this is a very good version, its got a 1920s class, maybye listen if you live in the 1920s, or on a boat in the Adriatic.

Soledad Villamil - HMM, interesting, different, a bit quirky, yes this is a vice version.

Willie Nile - ROCKIN, OMG ITS IN ENGLISH, wait what, this is nothing to do with the real song!!!! :deadbanana:

Bernard Marly - SUNNY DAYS, yes this is a nice version, makes me thin k of hot summer days on the ranch with my girl lassy by my side.. wait what? No lyrics!

Laura Sullivan - SWEET BUT EH, no lyrics again, but its a sweet version I spppooiiisseeee.

YOUTUBE VERSIONS:

Nightcore version - AHA, once again nightcore proovs that nightcore makes EVERYTHING better!

OH no there are so manyy.. Ill come back to this later...

this reminds me of when i had a school trip to paris n they Blasted this song in the bus while driving thru champs-élysées. it was kinda festive tbh but listening to it now gives a fight or flight response cause i had to do a whole french presentation on this song n listened to it over n over again n i did not like french. 

qfrWuBl.png

1 hour ago, TrashMagiq said:

this reminds me of when i had a school trip to paris n they Blasted this song in the bus while driving thru champs-élysées. it was kinda festive tbh but listening to it now gives a fight or flight response cause i had to do a whole french presentation on this song n listened to it over n over again n i did not like french. 

This is not the first iv heard of this! Another school went on a trip to disneyland paris. Who are these paris visiting schools and why do they exist!!! My last school trip was to the local dump :crossed: